Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello; i have changed the default app icons in my taskbar and they look good, but when i run the app its icon changes to default until i close that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by askfriends, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

hello;
    i have changed the default app icons in my taskbar and they look good, but when i run the app its icon changes to default until i close that app.

to let you know i just right click on icon on taskbar >>Properties>>Change Icon.

i also tried to save all app shortcuts on desktop and then changing their icons and re-pin in taskbar, but with same result.

I also tried third party app 7conifier, but no help.
    So how can i stop this behavior?

As you can see in the following screenshots, in first one all custom icons are appearing, in second screenshot i run vlc and utorrent, so you can see icons are automatically changed to default ones.

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help [​IMG]

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help [​IMG]

:)

askfriends, Nov 13, 2017
  2. Hip3zioed Win User

How do I customize the taskbar in Winddows 10

Windows 10 Home in place upgrade. So I left click on the taskbar inbetween the Windows Icon and Search Icon and click on Properties. I get into Properties of the Taskbar and there is an area to click on, How do I customize the taskbars?. I click the active
    area How do I customize the taskbars? and guess what? I am taken to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support Need Help with Windows 10. Hello
    Microsoft this is like trying to FIND A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK. What a joke of an OS ! Does anyone have a direct link not just a discussion or question where I can find DIRECT information How do I customize the taskbars?

Hip3zioed, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    Restore magnifying glass icon to taskbar

What does this mean and is it applicable to you not seeing the word "Search"? Are you using "small icons" on the TaskBar?

"Bear in mind that if you’ve got your TaskBar set to use small icons, you won’t have the option to use the search box unless you opt for the larger look."

7 Tips for Customizing the Windows 10 Taskbar

7 Tips for Customizing the Windows 10 Taskbar

Linney, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

You can Modify the Icon of an EXE File, but that never worked for me (for taskbar), maybe you will have a better luck.

If you always combine your icons, it should work, but I guess you want to know the other way around.

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2017
  5. Oh yeah that worked for me...*Biggrin

i just change the taskbar setting "combine taskbar icons" from "when taskbar is full" to "always, hide labels" and so far it worked, but i would still love to find a way to make it work with first option that is "when taskbar is full". so lets hope someone might come with a workaround.

Thank you so much

askfriends, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Customization

2. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  3. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  4. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar: I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom...
  5. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  6. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar: I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix...
  7. Windows Notepad help - ungroup in taskbar and set custom icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Notepad help - ungroup in taskbar and set custom icon: I use Windows 10 Pro. I use Windows Notepad a lot, and Windows groups multiple open instances of notepad in the taskbar, resulting in me having to click twice to get to the file I want. I used a program called "7+ Taskbar Tweaker" to ungroup things in the taskbar. This...
  8. A little help needed with taskbar customization!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A little help needed with taskbar customization!: Is there a way to customize my taskbar in such a way that I get an option to keep a few icons to the right of my taskbar?From this to this. Observe the purple icon(I'm holding it by the click of my mouse. Once I release it it will return to the left side of the taskbar)...
  9. Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances): I want to customize the icon of a certain program (in this case Firefox). There are many instructions on how to supposedly achieve this by e.g. simply going to any shortcut (in Explorer or Desktop), Properties, Change Icon. Then pinning this shortcut to taskbar puts the...
  10. Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.: I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu. I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with taskbar icons. As you can see in screenshot, the icons on the taskbar are not looking that good. I have made .ico's with...