Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to the Creator update, my taskbar has been partially invisble. It doesn't impede the function at all, but it's starting to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Forstrei, May 15, 2017.

1. Forstrei Win User

Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update

Ever since I updated to the Creator update, my taskbar has been partially invisble. It doesn't impede the function at all, but it's starting to get extremely annoying. My taskbar is in auto-hide mode and has this continuous invisible strip at the bottom, like this:

Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update [​IMG]

When the taskbar isn't in auto-hide it gets even worse:

I've tried several 'solutions' that I found online, including restarting, switching auto-hide mode, changing icon size, and running a command in the console that was something about scannow... I can't remember.

Please help me fix this, It's slowly driving me insane.
    Thank you.

:)

Forstrei, May 15, 2017
  2. bangdroid Win User

Taksbar Auto-hide issue after Creators Update

My issue relates to a UI bug that appeared after Creators Update.

Description: With Transparency effects turned Off in colors, and taskbar Auto-hide On, there appears a varying bar of transparency underneath the Taskbar.
    Most of the time it appears, though sometimes not, and the width is inconsistent. Screenshot.

Reproduction: Turn off transparency effects in colors, and set Automatically hide the Taskbar in Desktop mode to On.

Frequency: varies, seems random and width of transparent bar is inconsistent.

Transparency effects off and auto-hide were my settings prior to CU, and since, I am getting this issue. Changing them around and back doesn't solve.

bangdroid, May 15, 2017
  3. Latest Window 10 upgrades

I request microsoft to make the taskbar in windows 10 fully customizable like we can make the whole start screen transparent in windows 10 mobile

NamanVarshney, May 15, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Do you have Transparency turned on ? Action Center\All settings\Personalization\Colors. Turn Off for solid color. See screener -

mrgeek, May 15, 2017
  5. Forstrei Win User
    Transparency wasn't on. Turning it on makes the taskbar whole, but turning it off again brings the problem back. Strangely enough, when transparency is on, it doesn't matter if the Start, taskbar, and action center box is checked. The problem goes away when transparency is on at all. This seems like a deeper issue than I suspected

Forstrei, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update - Similar Threads - taskbar partially fully

2. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  3. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  4. Fully Transparent Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully Transparent Taskbar: When I turned off and on my transparency effects, my taskbar became fully transparent. Anyway to fix this? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fully-transparent-taskbar/8dbb748a-543d-4f03-93ce-89334b5885ca
  5. Windows 10 transparent taskbar

Windows 10 transparent taskbar: Today I reinstalled Windows 10 using the latest ISO from MS site. When it booted at first, the taskbar was 100% transparent and very sexy looking. However, after some restarts and software installs, the taskbar is now translucent instead of being completely transparent. I...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency..

Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency..: How can i increase the Transparency in the Windows 10 Taskbar, and other things like Action center, Settings panel, Start Menu..? (and remove blur) Cheers! 107136
  7. Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot: Brand new system that I just purchased week ago today, half way through installing my apps onto it creators update hits me. Let its run it's thing figuring since most of my apps I have not installed yet this would almost be a fresh install of that. I let the update finish...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update fully available for all

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update fully available for all: For the past several months, I’ve shared insights on our roll out approach for Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703). We’re now moving from a targeted offering to full availability for all compatible devices running Windows 10 globally via Windows Update. Similarly, our...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...
  10. Taskbar problems after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar problems after Creators update: I have had the taskbar configured in two rows, with the bottom row being reserved for Quick Launch, for many years ever since the functionality was available on Win98a or XP. It has never failed, through all upgrades and updates. But after the Creators update, the taskbar no...