Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnCz, Apr 13, 2016.

1. JohnCz Win User

Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer.
    Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are place in some default order that does make any sense to me.

How can I keep my order intact? Where the icons positions (sort order) is stored?

:)

JohnCz, Apr 13, 2016

2. Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

There has been an issue with the Windows taskbar which drives me crazy. It has been a problem since Windows XP and the "skinning" of the underlying user interface controls. It still persists in Windows 10.

When using a Toolbar on the Taskbar and the icon size is set to "small", the clickable targets are smaller than the vertical height of the taskbar. No problem, right? Either make the taskbar icon set to "small" as well and the clickable target area matches.

But what if I like the large buttons to click on? Setting the Toolbar (not taskbar!) icons to Large causes the taskbar vertical height to increase. This is fine for the Toolbar, but the application icons in the Taskbar now have an unclickable space beneath
    them. See image below (not my image... found online when trying to find a solution to this.)

Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons [​IMG]

This doesn't happen in Windows 7 when using the "Windows Classic" scheme... so the problem must derive from the Aero skinning of the taskbar.

To recreate:

• Right click on the taskbar and Unlock it.
    • Ensure taskbar is set to "large icons" mode from Taskbar properties dialog box.
    • Right click an empty area of the taskbar and create a new Toolbar.
    • Right click on the label of the toolbar and choose View > Large Icons
    This wouldn't necessarily be an issue if the clickable region of the Application Icons was the full vertical height of the visible taskbar. It also wouldn't be an issue if the Toolbar "Large Icons" setting didn't have icons bigger than the Application Icons.

If there is a registry hack or other solution PLEASE let me know! I have had this problem with Toolbars since Windows XP, and the Toolbars are essential to my workflow.

Thanks!

spiffyfitz, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Task Bar - how can I shorten task bar by putting icons in a folder?

You can put many of the icons on the right [the "System tray"] into a sub-folder-ish item that appears as a little up arrow next to the System tray.

Right-click on the Taskbar, Properties, Notification area - Customise

and use

Select which icons appear on the taskbar

and

Turn system icons on and off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can also put your own icons into a menu system instead of always being on the taskbar whether they are in use or not.

Right-click on the Taskbar, Toolbars, New toolbar ...

Create a folder somewhere convenient and put all the icons you want in there. You can make subfolders as well and the result is very XP-like. Then point the Taskbar, Toolbars, New toolbar ... at your new folder.

An example,

Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons [​IMG]

This method works in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Tryx3, Apr 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons - Similar Threads - taskbar toolbar icons

2. A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible

in Windows 10 Customization
    A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible: I was playing with windows taskbar and toolbar and was thinking; would it not be a nice thing if we could separate the toolbar form the taskbar and lock it to the border of the screen...
  3. Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?

Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?: Hello there, i was wondering whether putting my taskbar icons in the centre by using the toolbar method( creating file, dragging it near the start menu. etc.) Is this also a bannable offense? Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....
  5. Create new taskbar toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new taskbar toolbar: I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new...
  6. Taskbar, toolbar, windows icon, cortana not working

Taskbar, toolbar, windows icon, cortana not working: I can't click on my taskbar, I can't use cortana, I can't even use the search bar to search for any kind of settings. I can't even click on the wifi icon on the taskbar. I tried the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt, I also tried this:...
  7. Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10: I like having the Desktop Toolbar on my Taskbar, which lets me access files / shortcuts on my desktop, without having to Show Desktop, etc... In Windows 10 it seems like the default shortcut is to my User Profile / Home path, whereas in Windows 7 it used to point to...
  8. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  9. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: Hi Brink, Not a big deal, just wondered if you had seen this before. When I add the Desktop toolbar to taskbar I get 2 X Control Panel, one opens All Control Panel Items in Explorer while the other one eventually expands to several "(Empty)" submenu choices on the fly outs....
  10. Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: A couple of questions: 1. Will this also work for win 7? I note that that registry key exists and based on posts elsewhere stores related if not identical info. 2. I read elsewhere that to remove an individual 3rd party toolbar item, one need "only" unregister its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop toolbar icon size