Windows 10: Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

Discus and support Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD. Should I not install it?

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 10, 2014
  2. FilChris Win User

Windows Technical Preview

Good Day! Will I have a free upgrade when I am using currently the Tech preview? Or does it have to be 8.1 or 7? (Using Tech Preview as day to day OS , Uninstalled 8.1)

When Windows 10 is released officially, Will Windows Tech Preview end?

Preview Build 10130

FilChris, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Tech Preview to windows 10

Original Title:

Tech Preview to 10

Can I go from the technical preview of Windows 10 to the official Windows 10 release?

JamesHunt_951, Oct 10, 2014
  4. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

I really need help here. Can someone please help me?

5. labeeman Win User
    If you install it and you do not like it you do not have a way to go back to what you have. You can also install it with a USB memory stick 4 GB or larger. You can also do an in place install but a fast internet connection is desired. Some of our members had several hours downloading the ISO as it is almost 4 GB. But without a backup of your present system I would not install W10.

labeeman, Oct 10, 2014
  6. I think I will like it. It's just so risky. It scares me.

7. labeeman Win User
    You also cannot install it with a CD it takes a DVD.

labeeman, Oct 10, 2014
  8. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

Should I install it on the 8.1 desktop, since its the newest? I canceled the installation on my Windows 7 laptop.

9. labeeman Win User
    Do you have a way to restore the desktop in case the install does not work? If not I would not install W10 as it is beta software. The factory restore partition will not work once you install W10 on the desktop.

labeeman, Oct 10, 2014
  10. I don't have a DVD or USB to reset. But, it has a reset feature.

11. labeeman Win User
    That is what I am trying to tell you it will break that reset feature that is why you need another way to reset it.

labeeman, Oct 10, 2014
  12. I don't really know any other way. What should I do?

13. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

Not install W10. The best way to do this is to install W10 on a spare drive that way you have a way to go back to what you have now is just install the drive back.

labeeman, Oct 10, 2014
  14. derekimo Win User
    You may want to use a virtual machine instead of wiping out one of your other OS's.

This will show you how, it's for windows 8 but it will work for the tech preview as well,

VMware Player - Install Windows 8

derekimo, Oct 10, 2014
  15. I think I am just going to wait on this one. Do yall think 10 will be free for 8.1 users? Free for 7 users? I don't know. But, it's possible since they offered the Tech Preview for it. But, do yall think it will be free for 8.1 users is my main question?

Thema:

Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

1. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips - Similar Threads - Tech Preview Tips

2. 10x times cleaner now, thank you for the tips (tech tips?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10x times cleaner now, thank you for the tips (tech tips?): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NexyDoesReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3zjd4/10x_times_cleaner_now_thank_you_for_the_tips_tech/
  3. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  4. MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSAHCI in the new tech preview?: I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean install of Win 7, [img] It automatically used msahci during install. This was a clean install of the Tech preview,...
  5. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  6. stop tech preview updating

in Windows 10 Support
    stop tech preview updating: hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860 9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened i go back to 9860 and then in the morning...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC: I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531
  8. Installing 10 tech preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  9. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  10. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]