Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview and NVIDIA 760 driver problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Technical Preview and NVIDIA 760 driver problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey, that's my first post here and I hope that I am asking in the right place. So, I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit and I use NVIDIA 760M video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Asii6, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Asii6 Win User

Windows 10 Technical Preview and NVIDIA 760 driver problem

Hey, that's my first post here and I hope that I am asking in the right place. So, I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit and I use NVIDIA 760M video card. I had the latest update installed (the one for the Windows 10 - 352.84) and everything was working fine. Yesterday, I tried to access the nvidia control panel and an error appeared, saying that "NVIDIA Display setting are not available you are not currently using attached to an NVIDIA GPU". I did a quick research and decided to uninstall the driver and to install it again. Unfortunately, I got an error (don't remember it), but it was about that I cannot install the newest driver, so I went with the one that came with my laptop (Acer V3-772G - v332.35 nvidia driver), which I succeeded to install. Then, when I tried to update the driver, again, an error appeared. I did a quick research again and I ran DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) under Safe Mode and completely removed all drivers including GeForce Experience. However, everytime I tried to install any driver (the newest one or the one that previously worked or even GeForce Experience), I was stuck at a screen saying "checking system compatibility". Somehow later, I managed to install the latest driver for Windows 10 under Safe Mode and to install GeForce Experience after that, but now I am again stuck at the very first problem - "NVIDIA Display setting are not available you are not currently using attached to an NVIDIA GPU" everytime I try to open the control panel. I also made sure to remove any cache and restart everytime I uninstalled the drivers. A clean Windows preinstall is not an option right now. Also, if it matters, my video adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4600. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

:)

Asii6, Jun 3, 2015

2. Can't use Nvidia GeForce GTX760 after Win 10

Same here. I had updated to the latest available Nvidia driver through their software while on 8.1 and did a simple update install of Win10. GTX 760 was not detected, and a yellow unknown device was shown in the Device Manager. Restart, etc. did not change
    this.

To fix, I had to manually download the Win10 *preview* (!) driver from Nvidia, and now I started to get somewhere. The GTX 760 was detected and I was back in operation. I then re-updated through the Nvidia software to get back to the most up to date driver.
    Annoying and manual process though.

Pretty strange/surprising this happened on a 2013-vintage mainstream graphics card that you'd expect to have been part of the preview/beta period. (I was an Insider, but used a VM -- of course! Windows 10 Technical Preview and NVIDIA 760 driver problem :))

stansley (ex-MS), Jun 3, 2015
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Windows 10 & nVidia GeForce 305m Notebook Graphics?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

As of now there is no drivers available for Windows 10 Technical Preview, this being a preview version, Windows will automatically load the drivers.

Note: Beta drivers are available form NVidia website, please visit the website and check for availability.

You can also install Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode for Windows 10 Technical Preview, to know more about compatibility mode refer to the below methods:

• Download the graphics drivers for Windows 8.1 and save it on desktop.
    • Right click on the program you want to run and click properties.
    • Go to the compatibility tab, tick compatibility mode and you will get the option to install the drivers in compatibility for Windows 8/8.1.
    • Click apply and then click ok, now install the program.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jun 3, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

why would you install nvidia drivers for your INTEL gpu? *Redface what im missing here?

if your GPU is Intel HD graphics 4600 you need to check out -> Intel Download Center

edit - so which one you are using, cause you end your post with the intel comment? *Smile

batlhilz, Jun 4, 2015
  5. Asii6 Win User
    I have both NVIDIA and Intel graphics cards. Tried to install newest Intel drivers as well.

Asii6, Jun 4, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    okay, so did you checked bios, whats the setup saying there, which one is on use? or are they both on? as in can you see them both in devicelist ?

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Technical Preview and NVIDIA 760 driver problem - Similar Threads - Technical Preview NVIDIA

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  5. GTX 760 EVGA 2GB will not install Win 7 or Win 10 nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 760 EVGA 2GB will not install Win 7 or Win 10 nvidia drivers: No matter what i try i cannot get my PC to install the drivers for my 760....it shows up in Device manager as "unknown device" and i point it to the drivers where they are in the "C:\Nvidia" folder but not even that works...upgraded to windows 10 today 7910
  6. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  7. Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem: I am trying to install Windows 10 Tech Preview : WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso 3.81 GB (4,100,497,408 bytes), have checked sha1 also. But I am not able to install even after repeated attempts. Below is the system info and my Bios options available in my laptop....
  8. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger: Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...