Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available

Discus and support Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; (TWS) fbl_impressive Professional 10066 - Error 0x80246017 Now I am getting this in Windows Update?? Getting the same thing, Gary, after update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 22, 2015.

1. JimWiz1 Win User

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available

Getting the same thing, Gary, after update to 10061, testing things, went for check updates, it said there was a problem installing some updates and had a retry button for 10066.

JimWiz1, Apr 22, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am not alone in this..

3. Edwin New Member
    Getting the same.

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 22, 2015
  4. rvbfan Win User

Thanks. I gave up looking at that.

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2015
  5. Sounds like I should skip this update (b10041 seems to be working OK).

I don't remember having these sort of issues (i.e. working features breaking) when I tested the W7 betas or the W8 series previews. *Sad

Given the various issues I seen mentioned on the blogs/forums, the W10TPs are very hardware sensitive.
    MS needs to squash this issue if they want widespread acceptance.

lehnerus2000, Apr 22, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    You can stop seeing this if you switch to the slow ring but when I do that it changes back after awhile, so I guess I will just ignore it. Since there are known issues maybe MS will come out with a fix??

7. rvbfan Win User
    Seems the touchpad on my laptop isn't working. Thankfully I have a spare mouse. Too tired to look at settings right now. Something for after work tomorrow.

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

The right click and run as Admin does work. A clean install seams to have fixed it.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Everything installed no problems, Spartan seems to be working properly again, it just wouldn't work all the time before.

BillyBob, Apr 22, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    My observations of doing a clean install of 10061. I made a bootable flash drive from the ESD with Rufus. I think I may have done something wrong because I couldn't boot from the flash drive. I did the install by mounting the ISO from within build 10049 and chose to keep nothing. The install allowed me to choose my time zone. I didn't get this option when I clean installed 10049. The install connected to my router without asking for my password. I had one program still installed from the previous upgrade install. It also didn't install my audio driver until windows was running for awhile. I installed a few programs and they didn't show in the start menu until after a reboot. Other than that everything seem to be running OK so far. I still have a few programs to install but I'm too tired tonight.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    The problem is everyone wants new updates as quickly as possible, including me, but we can't have it both ways. Anyway they do better than Apple, they can't even get IOS working properly on just a couple of different iPads, they're always breaking stuff.

BillyBob, Apr 22, 2015
  12. Boozad Win User
    Aaaaaaand another clean install. *Confused

Boozad, Apr 22, 2015
  13. AlanWade Win User

Just keep getting this error

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • fbl_impressive Core 10061 - Error 0x80010108

Any idea's?

EDIT
    It decided to play nice after all

AlanWade, Apr 22, 2015
  14. BillyBob Win User
    I had a similar error, rebooted and it started where it left off and everything was fine after that.

BillyBob, Apr 22, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    They really want me to try the next Build! *Wink
    Bring it on!

Edwin, Apr 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available - Similar Threads - Technical Preview Build

2. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18356 available now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18356 available now: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 18356 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 18356 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area.The Preview SDK can be...
  3. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17661 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17661 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK as the first Redstone 5 SDK. The Preview SDK can be downloaded from developer section on Windows Insider. For feedback and updates to the known issues, please see the developer forum. For new developer feature...
  4. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17046 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17046 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 17046 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 17046 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area. The Preview SDK can be...
  5. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  6. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 17110 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 17110 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area.The Preview SDK can be...
  7. Windows Server Technical Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview 2 now available: This is the second release of Windows Server Technical Preview. In this documentation Windows Server is referred to as Windows Server Technical Preview unless there is a need to distinguish between this release and the previous release. Information: Windows Server Technical...
  8. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10052 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today. This build is a minor update from the 10051 build that we released 11 days ago with several of the top issues affecting Insiders fixed. There are no new features...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available: Since the release of build 10041 for PCs we’ve continued to make steady progress, and as I said in the blog post with that one we’re working to bring you builds to the Fast ring faster than before. Builds last week were BIG ones for us as well, since “Project Spartan” was...
  10. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available: I’m happy to announce we’re rolling out Build 10041 for PCs to the Fast ring. Like all of the previous preview builds this one comes with a collection of new functionality and bug fixes. The build will only be available through Windows Update for systems already running a...