Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available

Discus and support Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; They really want me to try the next Build! *Wink Bring it on! [img] How did you get out into the Twilight Zone? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 22, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available

How did you get out into the Twilight Zone?

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2015
  2. dencal Win User

Thanks Brink for keeping us up to date.

Once again no problems updating, the only one being my saved password for this forum had to be re-entered.

Having updated all previous previews in the fast lane without installation problems , the first being a clean installation on a new SSD, I can only assume that all those having problems updating is due to either messing about with the registry or a compromised registry.

dencal, Apr 22, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    I went the easy way, downloaded ISO from Mega (showed up 2 hours after ), installed over 10056 without problems, kept everything installed as it should.
    Couple of things while installing. First it downloaded about 370MB and after installation another 200MB probably updates for Apps.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Dunno . . . I started it and went to bed. This morning when I got up, it was there and Spartan had taken over as my browser. I'm not ready for that yet, since I have appointments this AM and don't have the time.

Some work, some don't. However, it removed my Office 365 buttons!

I use Outlook (not .com) and it works from my Quick Launch bar. Everything was intact.

I had a good bit of trouble getting Spartan to back off until I'm ready to try it on this build. Not only did it take over, but it didn't want to let anything else work either! *Sad ​Spartan the Dictator!

Wynona, Apr 22, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    FWIW.. I'm getting the update to 10066 as well. It's just a bug I thinks.

BunnyJ, Apr 22, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    G'morning, Robot.

StarFerret sent me to bed and said she'd handle the details. This morning when I got up, everything was ready for me except for the "Hi, we're setting things up" notice. Started that, went to the kitchen for coffee and when I got back, she were ready for me.

I think the slow download times may be from my ISP. Gonna have to get over there and dress 'em down; I pay for the higher speed.

Wynona, Apr 22, 2015
  7. Based on my experiences with the TAFE Macs, I don't believe Apple stuff "just works".

lehnerus2000, Apr 22, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

I got the "Retry" button and checked for updates. Got this:

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available [​IMG]

From Build 10049 updated from Build 10041.

Wynona, Apr 22, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    You assume wrong in my case, since I haven't been in the Registry with Windows 10. I've had great installs and I've had problem installs; drivers MIA, etc.

Wynona, Apr 22, 2015
  10. woodyard Win User
    Heeelp *Smile

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available [​IMG]

woodyard, Apr 22, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    What build are you coming from? 10049? 10056?

badrobot, Apr 22, 2015
  12. woodyard Win User

woodyard, Apr 22, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

A couple of people here had the same problem. They just restarted the PC and kept trying. They were able to get past that error.

badrobot, Apr 22, 2015
  14. Dave44 Win User
    yes it a bug Jeff that's only for ones that work for MS

Dave44, Apr 22, 2015
  15. Dude Win User
    I am not getting the 10066, just a defender update.

Edit

Rather than do a clean install because of apps not launching from the start menu I installed classic shell. Works like a champ now

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available - Similar Threads - Technical Preview Build

2. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18356 available now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 18356 available now: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 18356 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 18356 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area.The Preview SDK can be...
  3. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17661 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17661 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK as the first Redstone 5 SDK. The Preview SDK can be downloaded from developer section on Windows Insider. For feedback and updates to the known issues, please see the developer forum. For new developer feature...
  4. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17046 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17046 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 17046 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 17046 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area. The Preview SDK can be...
  5. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  6. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 17110 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 17110 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area.The Preview SDK can be...
  7. Windows Server Technical Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview 2 now available: This is the second release of Windows Server Technical Preview. In this documentation Windows Server is referred to as Windows Server Technical Preview unless there is a need to distinguish between this release and the previous release. Information: Windows Server Technical...
  8. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10052 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today. This build is a minor update from the 10051 build that we released 11 days ago with several of the top issues affecting Insiders fixed. There are no new features...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available: Since the release of build 10041 for PCs we’ve continued to make steady progress, and as I said in the blog post with that one we’re working to bring you builds to the Fast ring faster than before. Builds last week were BIG ones for us as well, since “Project Spartan” was...
  10. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available: I’m happy to announce we’re rolling out Build 10041 for PCs to the Fast ring. Like all of the previous preview builds this one comes with a collection of new functionality and bug fixes. The build will only be available through Windows Update for systems already running a...