Windows 10: Windows 10 Temp Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 Temp Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 19 items in my temp folder that will not delete. They all start with AppX. When I try to delete, I get a can't delete in use by another file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Kaw900 Win User

Windows 10 Temp Folder

I have 19 items in my temp folder that will not delete. They all start with AppX. When I try to delete, I get a can't delete in use by another file message.

I have tried searching the items but nothing.

I have been unsuccessful in determining what app they belong too.

Any suggests

:)

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 delete temp ,%temp%, prefetch

If I am delete temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file Windows operating system has any problem. Can I delete temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file ? If I delete sometimes temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file , windows operating system work
    smoothly ? I need windows 10 better performance. Can I get some tricks and tips.

need some windows optimize tips for better performance.

AshiqurRahman1, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Is it ok if i deleted the %temp% folder WITH all of its files?

Is it ok if i deleted the %temp% folder WITH all of its files?

Will i not get anymore temp files to delete since i deleted the folder and if yes where will they be?

Original title: %temp% in windows 10

EnderLord43, Aug 17, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 Temp Folder

To determine what they belong to, you will need to open task manager->Processes and kill each background process one by one then try to delete again and repeat until you can delete them.
    NOTE: Do not kill any Windows Process

OR: download TFC Temporary file removal tool . Right click and run as Admin, this program will first kill all background processes then perform deletion.

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Kaw900 Win User
    Thanks for responding. I ran the tool, but it didn't remove any of the files.

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  6. looking at it I would guess they are the new windows style apps running in the background

try going to settings, privacy then background apps and disable them from running in the background
    then either kill the apps that are running, mail, news, sport etc, or restart and they shouldn't start back up

then try deleting temp files again

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Did you run as Admin ? Here's what mine looks like:

Windows 10 Temp Folder [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Kaw900 Win User

Windows 10 Temp Folder

Yes ran as admin. When tool was complete, went to temp folder and all the files were still there. Tried to delete but same message. So this is where I'm confused. This laptop had Win7 and did the update. I have another laptop, which had Win8.1 and updated. Did the custom install and answered all the questions the same on the two laptops. The one updated from 8.1, has none of these temp files. I have (so I believe) compared the settings of the two laptops and the appear all the same to me.

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    All good advice. How big are these Temp Files? May be best to just let them be. Win 10 kernel was rewritten and does not behave like 8 or <. It will clean itself up. Tried CCleaner? Or Disk Cleanup? (cleanmgr.exe)

f14tomcat, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Kaw900 Win User
    Fairly regularly I clean out temp and prefetch, then run security. So annoyed I can't delete them. I will try the ccleaner and/or disk cleanup

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  11. Kaw900 Win User
    ccleaneup didn't work. Here are some of the files.

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Are you logged in with MS Account ? If so, try logging with Local Account.

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2015
  13. Kaw900 Win User

Windows 10 Temp Folder

Another odd thing. When running Norton 360, it gets hung on candycrushsega. (much more to the line than that) yet I did a search and nothing comes up for candy crush.

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  14. Kaw900 Win User
    No never log onto MS account.

Kaw900, Aug 17, 2015
  15. maranna Win User
    I installed a printer and now have several files in my temp folder. It is a contradiction b/c these permanent files are in a temp folder. prir to win 10 I never had anything in %temp% but these are necessary and should be kept. If you remove them they will reappear as something is using them. I think Win 10 is a new maverick.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Temp Folder

1. Windows 10 Temp Folder - Similar Threads - Temp Folder

2. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  3. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  4. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  5. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  6. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  7. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  8. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  9. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  10. A strange folder under Temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A strange folder under Temp folder: Hello, I've recently stumbled upon a strange folder I don't remember seeing before which was located in the Temp folder in Local AppData.The folder was named "scoped_dir17048_1392502419" and it contained two pictures, one was a profile picture of my mobile Discord accountI...