Windows 10: Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!

Discus and support Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, Yes, unfortunately another thread about windows 10's wonderful temp profile. I thought i fixed it last week with the changing of the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cjay, Feb 27, 2017.

1. cjay Win User

Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!

Hello all,

Yes, unfortunately another thread about windows 10's wonderful temp profile. I thought i fixed it last week with the changing of the .bak in registry, but no. And it's not just one profile, every local profile i have does it, even the administrator account which you can choose to deactivate or activate using netsh user Administrator active cmd.

So here are some of the things i have already tried.
    • Renaming the long registry by removing .bak (in windows 7 i remember it created the .bak and had another right with the exact same but no .bak right? i don't have this in 10)
    • Changing the refcount
    • Tried creating new user and migrating all documents over. (this did work for all of 2 days and then got the lovely temp profile on that one too)

Please please please can someone help? I've had this problem at work many times but i've never had it this bad and reoccur so rapidly. I always solved it at work through either removing the .bak or actually deleting the .bak all together. Never have i had it like this before and it's my home PC which makes it more of a pain *Sad

I want to avoid having to reinstall windows all together but if it's a last option then i guess i have no choice.
    *Doh
    Thank you in advance for any help or guidance

:)

2. SafetyAmy Win User

Windows 10 Gmail driving me nuts!

Up until today my gmail was wonderful, but I accepted the free upgrade to Windows 10 and now it does things like auto typing the word AFTER when I type PO (for PO Box), annoying popups that I cannot get rid of when I start to type in my address line.

I am sure that other surprises will arise. How can I fix this or roll back to my previous version of Windows?

SafetyAmy, Feb 27, 2017
  3. N96 driving me nuts...

As for your message icon read /discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=44

As for the restarting handset im guessing its firmware ver. 11? if so get on to you network and get at least 12 out of them if not 20.

ricksvill---01, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello cjay, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You might see if the method in the tutorial below may be able to help with this error. The main thing is to make sure that the profile folder path shown in the ProfileImagePath value is correct for the SID without .bak at the end.

You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix

Brink, Feb 27, 2017
  5. cjay Win User
    Hi Brink,

Your guide is one of many that i've read through and still had no luck. I've tried system restoring too but it wont even restore, it just fails. *Sad I also have a MCx1-%username% ??

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, go ahead and post some screenshots showing your registry entries for the affected accounts, and the profile folders in your "C:\Users" folder to see if anything may stand out.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums

Did you move or rename any of the account's profile folder before this happened?

Brink, Feb 27, 2017
  7. cjay Win User
    Yeah, i think i may have :/

Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things! [​IMG]

Could that explain why the .temp is a different username entirely? but then again the .temp is my first account and the conn one is the one that i cut an pasted all my documents over to

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

The folder name you see in "C:\Users" folder is the actual profile for the account.

When a temporary profile is created for an account, it'll create a new folder for it in "C:\Users" with a different name.

You'll need to have the path of the original folder for the account for the ProfileImagePath value of the "...1008" SID key, and delete the "...1008.bak" key. You won't be able to use a copy of the original folder since it would be corrupted. If this is not an option for you, then you could delete any and all "...1008" keys like in step 9 to have a new profile folder created for the account.

As for the built-in Admin account, you could just delete its "...500.bak" key and "C:\Users\Administrators" folder to reset it. The next time you sign in to the account, a new profile folder will be created for it.

Built-in Administrator Account - Reset to Default

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things! - Similar Threads - temp profile driving

2. KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts: I installed KB5031354 through this linkhttps://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5031354The installation completed OKThe Windows version is OKBUT...In Windows update the update appears as pending, and it tries to install it again and again.It is annoying.Can...
  3. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  4. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  5. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  7. windows 10 only loads temp profiles

windows 10 only loads temp profiles: I am a windows insider using version 2004 os build 20226.1000. After my surface pro reset while using it today, it will only load a temp profile, regardless of user. I have cleaned up the reg entries in profiles, verified my profile is there, deleted profile entry for temp,...
  8. Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  9. this is driving me nuts!

this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  10. Windows updates driving me NUTS!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates driving me NUTS!: It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks! Also, I suddenly cannot download anything from the Windows store either. Ready to pull my hair out! How can I fix this or stop...