Windows 10: Windows 10 temporarily guest user

Discus and support Windows 10 temporarily guest user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! Is it possible to create guest user account with temporarily user directory? Iv noticed, that there is a bug, that creates in registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by amxb, Dec 22, 2015.

1. amxb Win User

Windows 10 temporarily guest user

Hello!
    Is it possible to create guest user account with temporarily user directory? Iv noticed, that there is a bug, that creates in registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key with .bak extension. Iv tried to manipulate with - create new key with the same user key and with .bak extension, after first login it works, but after next log in new created key in registry with .bak extension disappear and the account is not temporarily anymore. Is there other way to create temporarily account?

:)

2. Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host error message when logging into Gues user account in Windows 10.

Windows 10's built-in Guest account has a problem on many of our computers that results in the "Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working" problem. Using MMC & the Local Users and Groups Snap-in, rename the built-in guest account, and create a Guest
    account with group membership in Guests; please google MMC. Problem solved; unfortunately, you cannot delete the renamed guest account because it is built-in and part of the OS. By the way, it's a good idea to temporarily give this Guest account membership
    in the Administrators group so that you can login and configure this account.

Vernon Bill, Dec 22, 2015
  3. SydSwain Win User
    How to create Guest Account?

Does Windows 10 have the option to create a guest user account? I see in the settings where I can add an account of someone who has an existing Microsoft account, but I don't want the account to be attached to a specific account. I just want to be able
    to have a general guest account for anyone who wants to temporarily use my computer .

SydSwain, Dec 22, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Why the bother ?
    Why not just create a standard user account with or without password ?

Perhaps I am missing something ?

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  5. amxb Win User
    Hello Davidhk, thanks for reply!
    I try to create open access computer station, where guests can use the computers. I don't want to manually delete items on user folder - downloads,temps and other kinda of trash, so i figured out that i can create guest user account with temporarily user directory and create scheduled task to restart computer each 7 days.

6. ghostdog Win User
    I know what you mean, it would be handy, especially when needing it for public computer use. I work at an Employment agency firm and our job seekers use our computers. We encourage them to always log off after use and never to save files on to the desktop (only to USB).

We are currently manually deleting any stuff that is on our computers at the firm, at least once a week on a friday night, but don't want to keep on doing this. So yeah i would like to know an answer to this question too.

IT external support has been subpar to say the least , we can't do anything about that as our head office is based in the eastern states.

We are currently looking at implementing heavy group policy restrictions that may help with this puzzle.

ghostdog, Dec 23, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    A rather ugly workaround would be to make a user called TempUser for example, sign on and off to create the home directory, then sign on as an Administrator and delete C:\Users\TempUser.

Then each time TempUser signed on it will fail to find its directory and use a temporary profile instead and everything would be lost when they log off.

8. amxb Win User

I found out a solution, well lx07 did give me a hint, in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in profile what you need to create as temporarily in profileimagepath string just delete location of profile folder.
    lx07, thanks for advice, but i think if you change in registries string value, the windows will not found profile folder for sure, other wise maybe it will try to create new folder to temp user.
    ghostdog, hope you this will help you.

Cheers and merry xmas!

amxb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 temporarily guest user - Similar Threads - temporarily guest user

2. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out: The Microsoft account connected on my windows laptop automatically signing out sometimes while turning on the laptop. It moves to a temporary user profile automatically and I have to restart again to get into my permanent account. It's happening to me for the last one and...
  3. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out: The Microsoft account connected on my windows laptop automatically signing out sometimes while turning on the laptop. It moves to a temporary user profile automatically and I have to restart again to get into my permanent account. It's happening to me for the last one and...
  4. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?: We have an application built on Windows 10. We are not using DefaultAccount and Guest users anywhere in our application. Due to security concerns, it is not recommended to have additional users which are not in use. Can we delete these two accounts during the installation of...
  6. Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?: We have an application built on Windows 10. We are not using DefaultAccount and Guest users anywhere in our application. Due to security concerns, it is not recommended to have additional users which are not in use. Can we delete these two accounts during the installation of...
  7. Guest User customisation

Guest User customisation: How do i allow guest user to download and access apps/programs on just guest but not on admin profile while at the same time also allowing games from admin available on guest profile. Simply i have given guest profile access to games purpose but now i want to also give...
  8. guest user accounts in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    guest user accounts in windows 10 pro: can guest user accounts be set up in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-user-accounts-in-windows-10-pro/de08288a-f94d-4ecd-a889-6218b96bab6c
  9. Guest User Restriction

Guest User Restriction: Hello. I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account. With my admin account I did Properties > Security > Remove all access for that user account. And when I switch to the other account it just shows NTFS drive and inaccessible. But within that account when I...
  10. How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

How to restrict guest user in Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem now I using windows10 in Virtual Box. I need to create a guest account on windows 10 and i need to do with a guest user: Guest User should not be allowed to: · Change anything in the background. · Update Software · Cannot access control...