Windows 10: Windows 10 terrible performance issues

Discus and support Windows 10 terrible performance issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade. I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Windows 10 terrible performance issues

So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade.
    I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in for a couple of rounds, I noticed a terrible lag.
    First thing I did was turn off Game DVR. Didn't help.
    Increased virtual memory. Didn't help.
    Checked if I got the right drivers for right OS. Didn't help.
    Help......me........

:)

NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 terrible performance

Yes, I got windows ten because I heard it boosted the performance of games but when I opened Skyrim on my new supercomputer it took over a minute to load when it usually takes 5 seconds and it was so laggy it looked like a slideshow.

Ryusaki123, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 terrible performance

I too am having a terrible time with Windows 10. Every program lags, edge browser is the worst i have ever seen. I have to reload every couple of minutes just to read the news that's on there. Most of the programs i open i get this...you do not have the authority
    to .......i have to open most of my programs as "administrator" to have access to everything the program has to offer. How do i fix all these problems?? What a big mistake to convert to Windows 10 it was for me.

vincemessere, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Windows 10 terrible performance issues

Look for processes with high CPU/RAM/HDD usage.

TairikuOkami, Nov 11, 2016
  5. I did, and saw nothing unusual.

NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    CS:GO is running perfectly fine under w10 x64 for me. Do you have the proper drivers installed and up to date?

What videocard do you have? Drivers provided by Windows update or from manufacturer's page?

eLPuSHeR, Nov 11, 2016
  7. I have a HP laptop, I got the drivers from HP site, my videocard is AMD R7 M260 2gb and an integrated AMD R5 Graphics

NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016
  8. Flissa Win User

Windows 10 terrible performance issues

I too had problems with playing games when I upgraded my HP laptop from Win7 to Win10. I eventually discovered that Win10 provides a basic generic display driver. I reinstalled the driver for Win7 and have had no further problems. I keep a copy of it because Windows Update will occasionally update automatically and I find my games flaky again. Hope this helps Regards .

Flissa, Nov 11, 2016
  9. So you installed a driver for Windows 7 on Windows 10?

NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016
  10. Flissa Win User
    Yep I sure did!!

Flissa, Nov 11, 2016
  11. Thank you very much, Flissa.
    I did the same and now I have no problems.
    Thank you! *Biggrin

NotoriousM, Nov 11, 2016
  12. Flissa Win User
    Glad I could help. Happy gaming to you. Kind regards .

Flissa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 terrible performance issues

1. Windows 10 terrible performance issues - Similar Threads - terrible performance issues

2. Terrible audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terrible audio issues: HelloI am currently having issues with audio since yesterday and I still cannot fix itI've already tried reinstalling windows 11 to see if it would fix the issue, but noThis recently happened when I was moving. the network card to a different slotThat's when my pc suddenly...
  3. Terrible audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terrible audio issues: HelloI am currently having issues with audio since yesterday and I still cannot fix itI've already tried reinstalling windows 11 to see if it would fix the issue, but noThis recently happened when I was moving. the network card to a different slotThat's when my pc suddenly...
  4. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  5. Project IGI's terrible performance.

Project IGI's terrible performance.: I remember playing Project IGI on my older Windows 7 device with 1gb ram and some old intel's dual core processor and it used to run flawlessly,if i remember correctly. However, in my other device with windows 10 First the game didn't even started showing some error which i...
  6. windows 10 performance issue

windows 10 performance issue: auto restart and slow one app open take 10 second how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-issue/ae68cf08-d670-4b49-90b3-cb4c6ffc8cd9
  7. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I am having some performance problems on my Acer Aspire 3. The CPU usage is always at 100%, sometimes the hard drive usage is also at 100%, I found corrupted files when using sfc /scannow. The processor is AMD A4, which is a processor I have never...
  8. Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation: I reinstalled Windows on my ASUS Zenbooks (UX303LN) but performance is terrible - the system often freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-is-terrible-after-windows/f465e1b4-04a0-4a3f-99ee-7e101a61a6da
  9. Windows 10 performance issue

Windows 10 performance issue: Hello, I bought a new laptop with the following configuration 1. 1TB HDD 2. 4 GB RAM 3. Intel i3 8 gen 4. Windows 10 From the start of the day, it's taking more than 20 sec to respond on any action, Like File Explorer, Edge etc I didn't installed any external...
  10. [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance: Hello fellow forum members. Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO). Alhough more testing is needed the difference is quite noticeable all across the board. Any ideas? Nothing else was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 perfomance is terrible