Windows 10: Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] New context menu option added for Windows Defender Microsoft has added plenty of improvements in Threshold 2, and one of them is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...r-496271.shtml

Cluster Head, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Ztruker Win User

This was available before via a reg file from one of Brink's tutorials. Nice to see it in the main stream build as it's handy to have.

:)

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  3. bhringer Win User
    scan a pendrive or a removable disk using windows 10 defender

If have received the latest update to Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586) you can also go to This PC and right click on the drive and select "Scan with Windows Defender.." from the context menu.

Windows 10 Threshold 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

Windows 10 Threshold 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

Windows 10 November Update: Right Click Scan with Windows Defender

Windows 10 November Update: Right Click Scan with Windows Defender

~

bhringer, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

I'd like to hear how Windows Defender is different than other AVs.

thanks Mr/Mrs salvemundum . i am using win 10 th 2 10586.494. many AV software's ranking as no.1 in some sites. why they didn't prefer windows . my hard disk is 212 gb. windows defender takes full time scanning for 6 hours. its too long. other AV are nearly
    1 1/2 hours

abimuktheeswaran chidambaram, Nov 17, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    The Spanish translation is a big typo. It says "scan with Windows Defender" (digitalizar con Windows Defender) as if you are using a scanner to acquire an image. *chuckle

eLPuSHeR, Nov 17, 2015
  6. CalBear37 Win User
    It only works if you have Windows Defender turned on. Other antivirus programs (Norton) turn Defender off and their way to scan a single file is not as convenient. Would you use Defender as your only protection?

CalBear37, Nov 17, 2015
  7. zooburner Win User
    Also it stays there even when you disable windows defender.. which is weird. !

zooburner, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

Yes, I do, along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploir Free.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2015
  9. I think Windows Defender has grown a bigger set of bawls since TH2. It's turned off my AVAST 2 times and Activated/Updated itself over the last 5 days.

Hey, if Windows Defender is just as good as Avast, Nortons, etc.. I'll just use it, since it's trying so hard to get my attention. I quit using Windows Defender back in the Windows-7 days because it never ever found a virus, yet the program was hogging RAM like crazy, while accumulating a huge batch of definition files on this P.C..

Guess it's time to do a little internet research to see if the pendulum has swung, and it's now time to replace AVAST with DEFENDER.

AllenChicago, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender

1. Windows 10 Th 2 Lets You Quickly Scan Files with Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Lets Quickly Scan

2. Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender: Hello, just a question, what does Quick Scan Due mean in Windows Defender? It usually does it on its own. Is it because I havent been on my computer in a few weeks?...
  3. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender quick scans stopped.: It won't do schedule daily scan as before or shows in notifications that it's done with no threats found but it doesn't appear on windows defender.when I force quick scan or do full scan I get weird number of files count increasing so fast in a very strange manner at the very...
  4. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender quick scans stopped.: It won't do schedule daily scan as before or shows in notifications that it's done with no threats found but it doesn't appear on windows defender.when I force quick scan or do full scan I get weird number of files count increasing so fast in a very strange manner at the very...
  5. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Defender Quick Scans Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Quick Scans Issues: Laptop PC running Win 10 Pro, 64-bit, v21H1. Running only Windows Defender with new viral definitions files being installed regularly via Windows Update. This PC has never had any other anti-viral software installed. The Windows Defender icon in notification area had a yellow...
  7. Windows Defender ; quick scan.

Windows Defender ; quick scan.: When I start a scan on Windows Defender, it lasts around two minutes then stops scanning. Can anyone help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-quick-scan/f8f546ed-8728-418a-a754-eb4a7116ea89
  8. My windows defender will not quick scan.

My windows defender will not quick scan.: whenever I click quick scan it will not do the scan. Rather it will grey out for a second like I clicked it then not do anything. Also when I go into virus and threat protection settings nothing is turned on and I can't turn them on. Please help Kind regards Jack...
  9. Windows Defender Quick Scan locations

Windows Defender Quick Scan locations: Does anyone know where exactly the Windows Defender quick scan looks? It states it looks in locations that are the usual locations for malware or something like that, but does not state where it looks. Does anyone know?...
  10. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...