Windows 10: Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network

Discus and support Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, I've just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on a brand new laptop and downloaded a few programs - Firefox, Chrome, iTunes and so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chriscotters, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network

Good evening,

I've just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on a brand new laptop and downloaded a few programs - Firefox, Chrome, iTunes and so on. I've also installed BullGuard as I got a 12 month subscription with the laptop.

For some reason, my laptop seems to think I'm not connected to the internet [actually connected via Wireless]. In the notification area there is a red cross and 'Not connected - no connections are available' message but I am connected to my home wireless network [typing this post from that connection!]

Clearly it's not a major issue but it somewhat annoying and wasn't an issue I had on my old laptop [which was also recently upgraded to Windows 10].

Any ideas?

:)

chriscotters, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro Error Message - 'Can't connect to this network'

This is a problem with my custom built Windows 10 Pro PC.

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter, which is capable of connecting to 2GHz internet connections. However, whenever I try to connect to my Wireless network, Windows shows up with the message "Can't
    connect to this network". I can connect to the network via Ethernet, just not via Wireless.

It isn't a problem with the modem or wireless, as every other device in the house, including other Windows 10 Pro PC's with the exact same Wireless chip, phones, etc, can connect perfectly fine to this network. I am
    able to connect to the extender which is running off the main wireless network. I'm able to connect to every other Wifi network on my PC, apart from the one I need to connect to.

When I try to connect, windows thinks for a couple of seconds, then at the internet tab in the taskbar, it comes up with a red cross ("No connections available") for a quick second, then refuses me entry into
    my Wireless network.

I've tried everything it seems; disabling and re-enabling the wireless device, re-installing it, I've put a completely different wireless chip in my computer (one that I used for another computer that definitely works),
    I've tried everything.

I've narrowed it down to know for SURE that it's a Windows 10 problem.

EDIT: I AM NOT ON A WINDOWS 10 INSIDER BUILD. I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.

zaidynzm9527, Aug 24, 2015
  3. eddie-t Win User
    Win10 wants me to "Buy Microsoft Wi-Fi" for my company's guest access

Problem is that I'm no where near Seattle and that the wireless network that Win10 thinks it a MS WiFi connection, is simply my company's guest wireless access.

eddie-t, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network

Most likely it's Bullguard. Try temporarily disabling it. If your wireless returns, you'll need to change some settings in Bullguard to prevent Bullguard from blocking your WiFi.

sciencegeek, Aug 24, 2015
  5. I've completely uninstalled BullGuard and the problem persists.

As well as the wifi problem I'm also getting 'the audio service is not running' problem too. When I click on this it seems to fix it but again, it's a problem I don't need.

chriscotters, Aug 24, 2015
  6. To update on this:

Also having trouble with the 'audio service not running problem.' Both appear to be working when I first login but then after a minute or so both little red crosses appear.

I've tried updating drivers but apparently they are up to date.

Pretty disappointing to be honest.

chriscotters, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network

1. Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network - Similar Threads - thinks I'm connected

2. Windows 10 thinks i'm not connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thinks i'm not connected to the internet: My computer thinks I'm not connected to the internet, therefore my OneNote is not allowing me to upload since it thinks I have no internet connection. I've used the trouble shooter, it has attempted to fix, but the problem remains I've attempted to setup a static ip with...
  3. I keep Losing internet connection even though I'm connected to a Wireless Network.

I keep Losing internet connection even though I'm connected to a Wireless Network.: Just as the title says, I keep losing internet Connection even though I'm connected to my home wireless network. when running the troubleshooter it says "Your Computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource * is not responding" where the * changes...
  4. Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.

Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.: My problem is twofold: the first issue is that lately adjusting the volume on my PC works when playing through the monitor speakers, but not when using headphones. I saw the recommendation to use the windows troubleshooter, which is when I hit my second snag: The network...
  5. Windows 10 Wireless Connection, unable to connect to this network

Windows 10 Wireless Connection, unable to connect to this network: Hello all, I am on a custom built by cyberpower desktop pc, I have a WiFi that I use at home which works fine when I am on Ethernet and when mi on wireless, I have had to move to my family's country house and I am unable to connect to the WiFi we have down here with the...
  6. Windows 10 thinks I'm offline

Windows 10 thinks I'm offline: For several weeks now some component of Windows has been under the mistaken impression that the PC is offline. The symptoms are: Microsoft Edge consistently reports "Hmmm... cannot reach this page". Windows Update won't work. Gives this error message: "There were some...
  7. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...
  8. Windows 10 - Updates not performing/Windows thinks I'm not connected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Updates not performing/Windows thinks I'm not connected: Windows 10 believes my computer isn't connected to the internet. I'm using the computer right now, so obviously it is. This condition is preventing me from updating Windows. It also seems to have made some strange impacts like screwing up my sound and making it so audio...
  9. Windows thinks that I'm not connected to the internet

Windows thinks that I'm not connected to the internet: Split from this thread. Hello, I have the problem with Edge that doesn't connect, I have the problem for a few days. If I review my net status, says that I'm not connect to internet, but that it's not truth; I can connect with any other browser or mailing app. I have...
  10. Connect To Wireless Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect To Wireless Network in Windows 10: How to: Connect To Wireless Network in Windows 10 How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10 When you connect to a new password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial will show you how to manually set up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 things im not connected