Windows 10: Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up

Discus and support Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded a user here to a new laptop. I installed our standard image on the laptop, and all was good - no errors or anything. Today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by james.kotsonas, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up

I recently upgraded a user here to a new laptop. I installed our standard image on the laptop, and all was good - no errors or anything.

Today, when I went to deploy it, upon log on I'm now getting a pop up saying that there is an application that cannot run on the machine. The

error doesn't specify what application it is though.

I pulled this info out of Event Viewer:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 7/6/2018 9:18:46 AM
    Event ID: 10016
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: SFL-RPAGAN10.ngad.local
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    and APPID
    {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-06T16:18:46.727367800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2102</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1088" ThreadID="12136" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>SFL-RPAGAN10.ngad.local</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I've already tried this fix:

1. Type or paste ‘regedit’ into the Search Windows box.
    2. Navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole’.
    3. Delete these four keys if they appear, DefaultAccessPermission **, DefaultLaunchPermission, MachineAccessRestriction, MachineLaunchRestriction.
    4. Reboot your computer.

** this key did not appear. The other 3 were present and I deleted them. Upon reboot, the error/pop up still appeared.

Can anyone provide a fix for this?

Thanks,

Jim

:)

james.kotsonas, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you download and install any program/application from the internet?
    • When does the pop-up appear on the PC screen?
    • Did you check if the pop-up appears when the PC is booted in Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the presence of any third party applications conflicting with Windows 10 operating system. When some of the programs are installed on the PC, additional programs that come along will disturb the normal performance
    of the system. I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 6, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up

1. Windows 10: this application cannot run on this pc pop up - Similar Threads - application cannot run

2. Event 56, Application pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 56, Application pop up: Hello, my PC has been freezing randomly and doesn't seem to do anything, so I restart it, and every time I get 2 errors: Error: 56The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on...
  3. Window Applications crashing once they pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Applications crashing once they pop up: Hello.For some reason, programs like Windows Mail, System Restore, Minecraft Launcher and other apps I have tried to use over the last week or so have not been loading correctly. This has even caused my VR Headset not to be able to play games as they would load then shortly...
  4. Window Applications crashing once they pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Applications crashing once they pop up: Hello.For some reason, programs like Windows Mail, System Restore, Minecraft Launcher and other apps I have tried to use over the last week or so have not been loading correctly. This has even caused my VR Headset not to be able to play games as they would load then shortly...
  5. Window Applications crashing once they pop up

6. Run Command Pop-up?

Run Command Pop-up?: What does this mean: Executing Win32_ShadowCopy->create ?Should I be worried? Why is it randomly just popping up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-pop-up/ab0ea80d-0f15-4e63-ac9a-7993b163275d
  7. Run Command Pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Command Pop-up?: What does this mean: Executing Win32_ShadowCopy->create ?Should I be worried? Why is it randomly just popping up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-pop-up/ab0ea80d-0f15-4e63-ac9a-7993b163275d
  8. Run Command Pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Pop up Applications' Windows are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up Applications' Windows are too small: My pop out windows of all applications are too small.Some windows have option to resize - which intself is not a solution because I need to do this manually for everything.Some windows as the window below - cannot be resized at all.Please advise on the solution....
  10. "Set Email Application" pop-up... is this Windows?

in Browsers and Email
    "Set Email Application" pop-up... is this Windows?: Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and found nothing similar. Since my Windows 10 upgrade I've been able to deal with most of the changes from Windows 7 (which I loved) and stick with 10... except for one annoyance. Every now and then I get a pop-up...