Windows 10: Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable

Discus and support Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey folks, I used to be able to customise windows 10 tiles, however, now the tiles are not customisable. I cannot drag/move the tiles around,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vtrzzzzzz, Mar 3, 2016.

1. vtrzzzzzz Win User

Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable

Hey folks,

I used to be able to customise windows 10 tiles, however, now the tiles are not customisable.
    I cannot drag/move the tiles around, resize, uninstall, etc.

Here is a screenshot for better understanding of the problem. For this instance, when you right click any tiles, it only shows "more" option.

Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable [​IMG]

I really want to put my favourite applications into the start tiles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! *Biggrin

:)

vtrzzzzzz, Mar 3, 2016
  2. krizanand Win User

Tiles colour change according to accent colour set. If you need more customisation there are lot of tile customisation apps available on the Store.

You can't change tiles colour by default.

krizanand, Mar 3, 2016
  3. CJLim Win User
    how to edit or select the color of the block for what ever application you pin to start on 920?

Yes, you can create customised tiles more phone, emails and stuff. Even sample tiles you can use as a starting point for further customisation. Should do almost everything you want.

CJLim, Mar 3, 2016
  4. vtrzzzzzz Win User

bump *Think

note: admin/mod can move this thread to the relevant section

vtrzzzzzz, Mar 4, 2016
  5. vtrzzzzzz Win User
    Found a solution. Just leave my 5c here if anyone is facing the same problem.

I just had a support from Microsoft Tech. They advised to create a new local account. Once the local account created, the tiles are customisable again! I then just transfer all the personal files.

Cheers.

vtrzzzzzz, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Gunzorla Win User
    Create a New Local Account Can Fix This ?

Its Different Color From Theme

Gunzorla, Mar 4, 2016
  7. vtrzzzzzz Win User
    Hi Gunzorla,

I am not sure that it will fix it, but do give it a try. It's quite effortless. Once the local account created, re-customize it and see if it solves the problem.

/OffTopic: Nice Wallpaper by the way *Wink

vtrzzzzzz, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Gunzorla Win User

Thank *Biggrin

Still Black BG in Right Click Context Menus. Seen Many People Have This Problem When I Ask to Google But No One Can Fix It *Sad

I Think This Problem From Windows Update

Gunzorla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable - Similar Threads - Tiles Customisable

2. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  3. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  5. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  6. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  8. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  9. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

10. Live Secondary Tiles customising

Live Secondary Tiles customising: How can I customise tiles I save to desktop from Edge with either a name or a symbol instead of the 'e' ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/live-secondary-tiles-customising/b5dd94d5-3653-43b3-9692-cab2d7a5f8e8