Windows 10: Windows 10 tiles

Discus and support Windows 10 tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, is anyone else having this problem, every time I press the start button and the tiles open I have 2 tiles that I have to open twice only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jerrypc1, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows 10 tiles

Good morning, is anyone else having this problem, every time I press the start button and the tiles open I have 2 tiles that I have to open twice only 2 the Weather tile and the news tile when i open either of those the first time they close the second time they stay open this happens on both desktop computers the 64 bit and the 32 bit just those 2 tiles when they open the second time then they stay open until I close them. Its more of an Aggravation and now I am curious.Thanks Jerry

:)

jerrypc1, Nov 8, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 tiles

I get this occasionally with a few apps, but mainly after the machine has been running for a while

If appears like something crashes in the background, then the first launch after this fails, after that they work normally

Have you tried doing a re install of the apps to see if it makes a difference

paulsalter, Nov 8, 2015
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks PaulSalter Yes I tried that First .Did it work for you Mine will even do it when I first boot up in the morning and also all day long
    just the same 2 tiles

jerrypc1, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Mine only seems to do this after my machine had been on for over 12 hours, the cause for mine was the media centre software I have, if I leave that open for long periods than I get this issue (along with search stops working)
    It was just coincidence that I stopped using the software for a few days and noticed I had no issues

Have you checked in Reliability History to see if it shows anything that has stopped working?
    Right click start button and select control panel and then do a search at the to for reliability

paulsalter, Nov 8, 2015
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    sorry PaulSalter But I don't see anything in my control panel that tells about reliability of anything which Alp do you click

jerrypc1, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Windows 10 tiles

When in Control Panel, if you start typing Reliability in the top right search box, the top result should be reliability history

Should look like this

Windows 10 tiles [​IMG]

paulsalter, Nov 8, 2015
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Paul, I have to go to work now I will get back with you this evening and try the control panel. thanks for your trouble.Jerry

jerrypc1, Nov 8, 2015
  10. have a good day
    hope the control panel gives some clue to what might be crashing

paulsalter, Nov 8, 2015
  11. jerrypc1 Win User
    Okay Paul I am home from work I just went to the control panel and typed in the upper right corner reliability ,and history came up with a draft starting on oct /21/15 thru nov./09/15 it show that the problem started nov./02/15 thru nov/09/15 and each day has a red circle I clicked on the circle and it showed the weather stopped working and the news stopped working out beside it said check for a solution. I checked and it said no solution found but like I said in my other post when I clecked them the second time they always stay on.so I guess I will just live with it Thanks for all your help.Jerry

jerrypc1, Nov 9, 2015
  12. Hi,
    Might be worth waiting a couple more days as there is a big update coming this week
    After that comes it might resolve this issue

paulsalter, Nov 9, 2015
  13. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows 10 tiles

Your Right Paul,And Thanks For all your help you showed me one more thing that I didn't know about in the control panel now I have another tool to work with in the future.and for that i will add to your reputation.Jerry

jerrypc1, Nov 9, 2015
  14. Thanks for the reputation *Smile

It is a strange one this, I have had it with 2 apps this morning (weather and news), just like you second time opening it worked
    Looking forward to this weeks update to see if it fixes the little issues

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 tiles

1. Windows 10 tiles - Similar Threads - tiles

2. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  3. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  4. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Majong for April 10, 2024 the Lightning Tile Game on the Daily Challenge. Is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Majong for April 10, 2024 the Lightning Tile Game on the Daily Challenge. Is it...: I have worked every possible combination and the green set of tiles reaches 0 before a possible solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-majong-for-april-10-2024-the-lightning/3f818406-7148-4f06-be62-160dfcefa6d0
  6. Microsoft Majong for April 10, 2024 the Lightning Tile Game on the Daily Challenge. Is it...

Microsoft Majong for April 10, 2024 the Lightning Tile Game on the Daily Challenge. Is it...: I have worked every possible combination and the green set of tiles reaches 0 before a possible solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-majong-for-april-10-2024-the-lightning/3f818406-7148-4f06-be62-160dfcefa6d0
  7. Microsoft Majong for April 10, 2024 the Lightning Tile Game on the Daily Challenge. Is it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Devices tile crashing Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices tile crashing Settings.: Whenever I click on the Devices tile in Settings, settings just crashes. I have already tried repairing it, nothing. I also tried resetting settings and also nothing. I need a fix to this urgently. I am currently running Windows 11 Pro, version: Dev. And the OS build is...
  9. Devices tile crashing Settings.

Devices tile crashing Settings.: Whenever I click on the Devices tile in Settings, settings just crashes. I have already tried repairing it, nothing. I also tried resetting settings and also nothing. I need a fix to this urgently. I am currently running Windows 11 Pro, version: Dev. And the OS build is...
  10. Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view

Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view: Hello, around a week ago my file explorer home screen changed the view from TILES to CONTENT even tho the view window still showed it as TILES, restarting file explorer several times or restarting the file explorer in task manager didnt help, updating the system, reverting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington D.C

2. Tiles missing after Windows 10 1809 fresh installation