Windows 10: Windows 10 time keeps changing

Discus and support Windows 10 time keeps changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried update UTC to time but the time keeps advancing four hours every few days. Does anyone have a fix? 28770 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Etokan9, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Etokan9 Win User

Windows 10 time keeps changing

I have tried update UTC to time but the time keeps advancing four hours every few days. Does anyone have a fix?

:)

Etokan9, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Sanwin2 Win User

Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

I have been using this tool for years to solve this problem.

NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool

Works better than the built-in Windows facility.

Sanwin2, Nov 3, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

If you are using time.windows.com try another server. time.windows.com seems to be unstable for many users.

I believe different regions have different non windows options. I found that using
    time.nist.gov here in Oz is stable.

My time ran backwards on a couple of occasions when using time.windows.com.

BossDweeb, Nov 3, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Sounds like wrong time zone you set in your computer.
    Your info on the left indicates you are in Eastern Time Zone.
    Are you ?

davidhk, Nov 3, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Correct setting for eastern time US, as yours has same time as me.

Windows 10 time keeps changing [​IMG]

jds63, Nov 3, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Mine did exactly the same when I first upgraded to Win 10 but it sorted it's self out after a few days

tonymarcus, Nov 4, 2015
  8. socklosk Win User

Yes, same here.

socklosk, Nov 4, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Not mine, but anything is possible. Just happened to be set to Pacific time when upgraded, but switched soon after all was good afterwards.

jds63, Nov 4, 2015
  10. Etokan9 Win User

Etokan9, Nov 4, 2015
  11. Etokan9 Win User

Etokan9, Nov 4, 2015
  12. Etokan9 Win User

Etokan9, Nov 4, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

jds63, Nov 4, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Some causes can be motherboards CMOS Battery is going bad or bad. Router/Modem time is affecting it.Try Internet time synchronization.

jds63, Nov 4, 2015
  15. Etokan9 Win User

Etokan9, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 time keeps changing - Similar Threads - keeps changing

2. Screen brightness keeps changing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Screen brightness keeps changing in Windows 11: [IMG]Sudden, unexpected changes in your screen brightness while trying to work or relax can be frustrating. Users with Windows 11 PCs have constantly reported the issue of screen brightness changing unexpectedly. In this article, we will see what you can do if the screen...
  3. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  4. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  5. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...: I am submitting another question because my last discussion didn't get me anywhere. The full story is that randomly my Windows account was hacked. The Microsoft account I use for Windows didn't exist anymore, probably because the hacker changed it to theirs, and a new...
  6. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...: I am submitting another question because my last discussion didn't get me anywhere. The full story is that randomly my Windows account was hacked. The Microsoft account I use for Windows didn't exist anymore, probably because the hacker changed it to theirs, and a new...
  7. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.: Hi! I got a problem with my pc, and it started after windows update. I guess it went wrong and after that windows restores all changes i did after restart, even deleted files. I tried windows installer media and recovery, but it did not help, it just fails.Now I'm trying to...
  9. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.: Hi! I got a problem with my pc, and it started after windows update. I guess it went wrong and after that windows restores all changes i did after restart, even deleted files. I tried windows installer media and recovery, but it did not help, it just fails.Now I'm trying to...
  10. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging