Windows 10: Windows 10 to 7 downgrade stuck

Discus and support Windows 10 to 7 downgrade stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I am using the Lenovo G550 laptop. I had various troubles with Windows 10. So I chose the option to Go Back to Win 7 from the Settings. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sri2702, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Sri2702 Win User

Windows 10 to 7 downgrade stuck

Hello.
    I am using the Lenovo G550 laptop.
    I had various troubles with Windows 10. So I chose the option to Go Back to Win 7 from the Settings. It shows the "Restoring your previous version of Windows" and restarts on its own and shows the same message again. This has happened many times and it's been the same for the past one and half hour.
    How long does it normally take to revert?

Edit: I did a hard reset by removing the battery and unplugging the laptop. Switched it back on and I'm met by the same "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen.

It then turns black, restarts, the OEM Logo is shown, then says "Attempting to recover installation" for a second and shows "Restoring your previous version of Windows" again. This chain continues over and over again.

Please help. I'm panicked.

:)

Sri2702, Aug 8, 2015

2. STUCK ON WINDOWS 10 DOWNGRADE. PLEASE HELP

So I upgraded to windows 10 but decided to downgrade back to windows 7. I'm stuck in a loop for the downgrade. It keeps saying loading files...then shows windows 10 with the loading circle. It never seems to show anything else. PLEASE ANY HELP. IM FINE
    WIT FACTORY SETTINGS

leanderovid, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Downgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Pro

I sold 32 Lenovo Ideapads to a client already factory loaded with Windows 10 Home edition. They rejected all saying that their office only works with Windows 7 Pro. I tried to downgrade, but Microsoft does not allow downgrade for PC's that are factory installed
    with Windows 10. The downgrade is only possible if one has upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 and later on (within a month) decide to go back to the previous versions.

I do not have the media CD's for Windows 7. Is there any other way one could downgrade. I am stuck with 32 computers! And i cannot seem to be able to procure computers with Windows 7 anymore.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

Haresh

HareshKaramchandani, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Tickman Win User

i recently done same thing. It was going on for ages, in fact I left it overnight. Next day it was still same message but then I switched off my laptop and restarted. After a few minutes a different screen came and then I an back to my win 7.
    It says you can revert only in first 31 days.
    i hope this helps

Tickman, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    For me the upgrade process took around one hour. The downgrade however should be way faster.

Joergi, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Unfortunately, there are lots of reports like this of Microsoft's faulty upgrade tool NOT restoring PCs to their original working condition. Mine was one of them.

You can try repeatedly doing the rollback, but it's unlikely to work.

Your best bet at this point is to contact Lenovo and see what arrangements you can make to get a set of Recovery Media. If your machine is still under warranty, they may give them to you for free -- or for a nominal shipping cost.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to 7 downgrade stuck - Similar Threads - downgrade stuck

2. Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...: I have a fusion 5 windows tablet that came with windows 11, I tried to downgrade it to windows 10 and now when I try to turn the tablet on its stuck on the setup screen where it asks for region and the touch screen doesn't work so I can't complete setup...
  3. Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...: I have a fusion 5 windows tablet that came with windows 11, I tried to downgrade it to windows 10 and now when I try to turn the tablet on its stuck on the setup screen where it asks for region and the touch screen doesn't work so I can't complete setup...
  4. Stuck on blue screen after downgrading from win 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on blue screen after downgrading from win 11 to 10: I recently upgraded my PC to windows 11 but I didn’t really like it so I decided to downgrade back to 10 within the 10 days. After a day I got a stuck in a blue screen loop and I have tried everything to repair it, but nothing seems to work. Ive tried force shutting it down...
  5. Stuck on blue screen after downgrading from win 11 to 10

Stuck on blue screen after downgrading from win 11 to 10: I recently upgraded my PC to windows 11 but I didn’t really like it so I decided to downgrade back to 10 within the 10 days. After a day I got a stuck in a blue screen loop and I have tried everything to repair it, but nothing seems to work. Ive tried force shutting it down...
  6. Stuck on blue screen after downgrading from win 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck on a downgrade bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a downgrade bootloop: So I’ve recently upgraded to windows 11 but a few of my apps weren’t compatible with it so I decided to downgrade. But as it was downgrading it got stuck in a loop and keeps giving me the blue screen of death and restarting the boot loop. Any help?...
  8. Stuck on a downgrade bootloop

Stuck on a downgrade bootloop: So I’ve recently upgraded to windows 11 but a few of my apps weren’t compatible with it so I decided to downgrade. But as it was downgrading it got stuck in a loop and keeps giving me the blue screen of death and restarting the boot loop. Any help?...
  9. Stuck on a downgrade bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Stuck on loading screen while downgrading

Stuck on loading screen while downgrading: Hi! I installed windows 11 but i didnt like it so i wanted to go back to windows 10, but heres come the problem, everything looked fine until my pc restared and rin into black screen with loading dots. I waited like 3 hours and nothing happend. I tried to restart my pc but...