Windows 10: Windows 10 Torrent like updates and local peers

Discus and support Windows 10 Torrent like updates and local peers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering the torrent like updates for windows 10 would be able to utilize local peers and if anything special had to be done in order to do so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PipeLayerOceani, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Torrent like updates and local peers

I was wondering the torrent like updates for windows 10 would be able to utilize local peers and if anything special had to be done in order to do so. I would also be interested in "seeding" update files if there is a way to retain hd space to do this

:)

PipeLayerOceani, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Urgent Data usage problem

What we meant with peer-to-peer downloads is torrenting files. We'd like to clarify if you're using them as these programs can run in the background without notice and can use high volumes of internet data.

'svchost.exe' is a process used by Windows 10 when downloading updates. We recommend scheduling your updates by following the instructions on this
    link.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Torrents

After i upgraded to Windows 10, I am facing this issue. I cannot download anything from torrents and my bit torrent and utorrent doesn't work. It keeps on showing finding peers and the downloading does not happen. This is the major issue with Windows 10.
    Fix this problem as fast as possible.

RahulMatang, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Torrent like updates and local peers

1. Windows 10 Torrent like updates and local peers - Similar Threads - Torrent updates local

2. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  3. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  4. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to set up a Peer to Peer network for a local area network

Unable to set up a Peer to Peer network for a local area network: I have been trying to set up a P2P network for a local area network so that files can be shared internally through Ethernet connections. When I completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost all of my network settings. Please help. I cannot scan or share...
  6. Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10

Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10: When is it expected to be possible, if ever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peer-to-peer-networking-in-windows-10/d477916b-2235-437c-aa37-b4e1b5f256fe
  7. Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects

Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  8. Using P2P (Peer to Peer) to distibute files on local lan

Using P2P (Peer to Peer) to distibute files on local lan: I have not seen this question in here, and have not been able to find an answer. I am seeking a way to use the native Windows peer to peer networking to distribute PowerPoint files that my company has created to local clients while keeping one master and all the clients would...
  9. Peer to peer problems

Peer to peer problems: 4 computers 3 laptops (T61, P50, Dell) Win10 Pro 1 desktop Win7 I followed Brink's tutorial 'Change Workgroup in Windows 10'. One of the computer's (desktop) still belonged to the previous workgroup--MSHOME. I created a new workgroup on all 4--GREENGROUP....
  10. Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network: I am working on a friends network, there are 4 computers on the network, 3 running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. The main computer (Office) has a HomeGroup setup on it, and the other computers have been joined to that homegroup. "Office" also has a folder shared out,...