Windows 10: Windows 10 touchpad issues, will not click

Discus and support Windows 10 touchpad issues, will not click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop perfectly works fine, I have the touch pad able to move around the screen. The only issue here is that I am unable to click. I have a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Genson, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Genson Win User

Windows 10 touchpad issues, will not click

My laptop perfectly works fine, I have the touch pad able to move around the screen. The only issue here is that I am unable to click. I have a usb mouse and it is perfectly working and able to click. Its just the touchpad that has issues.
    ASUS ROG GL551JM laptop.
    Any help would be amazing! thank you!

:)

Genson, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Antcat72 Win User

Touchpad mouse will not click

I bought a Toshiba touchscreen a couple weeks ago and I just got the windows 10 update. I am having trouble with the touchpad mouse. It will move but will not click. I went into settings and everytine i restart the computer I have to

and enable the device it only allows to

move will not click. I go the the drivers to update and tells me I have the latest version. Any suggestions to get the touchpad mouse working properly please let me know. Thank you

Antcat72, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Touchpad mouse will not click

Hi,

What is the model of the Toshiba laptop?

Since you have downloaded the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website and still the issue persists. I would recommend you to install the touchpad drivers in Windows 8 compatibility mode and check if it helps.

a: Right click on the touchpad drivers.

b: Then click Properties and then the
    compatibility
    tab.

c: Now under the option for Run this program in compatibility mode for: Select Windows 8.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 touchpad issues, will not click

1. Windows 10 touchpad issues, will not click - Similar Threads - touchpad issues click

2. touchpad clicking for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad clicking for no reason: when i move my cursor around the screen my touchpad seems to be clicking for no reason even if i dont press it and when i try to switch tabs i accidently close it due to this issue...
  3. Windows 10 touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 touchpad issue: My touchpad works in windows, but when I am in recovery mode bought by shif while restarting, the touchpad doesn't work.This is after a clean install of windows. Please helpI tried to move the drive to windows recovery mode system32 folder but it doesn't work...
  4. Click doesnt work on touchpad - Windows 10

Click doesnt work on touchpad - Windows 10: We have a year old IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G7 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.50 GHz windows 10 machine.A few months ago, you were able to actual click on the touchpad to activate a button or link. BUT recently you have to now tap on the touchpad to activate a button or link.This is also an...
  5. Touchpad and Left Click not Working - windows 10

Touchpad and Left Click not Working - windows 10: The Left Touchpad button and touchpad gestures have suddenly stopped working on my Legion Y540. The right button works well and both the clicks are working through an external mouse. I have tried almost everything in the book to fix this - Uninstalling deviceI2C HID Device...
  6. TouchPad click

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad click: How can I stop the click sound when I use the TouchPad? There is nothing in the settings for this. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-click/89e388d2-5054-4142-8ac3-be825c6c8e77
  7. Linx 12x64 touchpad issue random clicks

Linx 12x64 touchpad issue random clicks: I have recently bought Linx 12x64, As soon as I attach the charger the touch pad start behaving bad and random unintentional clicks start happening on their own. I have noticed that it only happens when the wall charger is attached while using. I have used the charger...
  8. Touchpad will move, but not click.

Touchpad will move, but not click.: Hello, My cursor randomly froze and would not move today, so I restarted my laptop to see if that would help. That time, the cursor disappeared completely, so I got my plug-in mouse and tried rolling back and updating the drivers for the touchpad. I got it now to where the...
  9. Windows 10 touchpad issues

Windows 10 touchpad issues: So prior to the ssd going out the unit was working fine. Now when you install 10 the touchpad and keyboard don’t work at all until you install the Intel driver pack Lenovo has. It updates everything from sound to Ethernet in one installer. After a couple seconds the mouse...
  10. Touchpad Click Lock

Touchpad Click Lock: I bought a brand new Windows 10 ACER Aspire E5 series laptop computer back in February. I have not had any issues at all with it. But today I have this very annoying issue. When I lightly tap my touchpad on links instead of opening the link like it had been doing previously...