Windows 10: Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts

Discus and support Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Technical Preview, you can now create desktop shortcuts for Store Apps, (as well as Windows Applications), from within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edwin, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts

In Windows 10 Technical Preview, you can now create desktop shortcuts for Store Apps, (as well as Windows Applications), from within the shell:AppsFolder or the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, by the right click or Shift/right click method.

:)

Edwin, Oct 7, 2014
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2014
  3. huddie71 Win User
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Oct 7, 2014
  4. Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts

Edwin; I use to be able to right click and there was an option to create a shortcut on the desktop.
    this worked great for say banks, newpapers, and gmail.
    how can I do this in windows ten. there is no option like that now when you right click.
    I work with many seniors in retirement settings and I know they will be asking.
    Thank you
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, May 2, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    When you say banks, newspapers and gmail, are you talking about web links?

Edwin, May 2, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Here's how I add a Desktop Icon:

For Tiles:

You can drag a Program Tile to the Desktop and it will change to a Desktop shortcut icon (hold down left mouse button on tile icon and drag tile icon, release button when over the Desktop) .

For apps on the Apps list:

You can drag an App Icon from the Apps list to the Desktop and it will change to a Desktop shortcut icon (hold down left mouse button on App icon and drag App icon, release button when over the Desktop) .

The original Tile or App list icon stays in place, and a shortcut copy is dragged to the Desktop. You can also drag Tiles or Apps list icons directly to the Task bar in the same way.

Some of the Desktop icons created in this way are small and lack color. You can also fix this, right click on the Desktop icon, select Properties, then select the Change Icon button. Choose a new, larger, more colorful icon.

Antilope, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts

1. Windows 10 TP Modern Desktop Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Modern Desktop Shortcuts

2. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts: When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether the disk is full."Is there a fix for this? I have done a sfc scan and all system files are fine....
  3. Desktop shortcuts to modern apps too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts to modern apps too small: Does anyone create shortcuts on the desktop to any of the modern store apps? I know how to do it. Run ... Shell:appsFolder and then right click drag onto desktop to create the shortcut. I had a few of these setup for things like Amazon Prime and Xbox app. All looking good....
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcut Icons

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, I hope someone can help; I've been trying to fix this problem for months. I have about 70-80 shortcuts on my Windows 10 PC Desktop. I keep them arranged to my taste, and when I make any changes, I create a new restore point, just in case. I have also started taking...
  5. windows 10 desktop shortcuts

windows 10 desktop shortcuts: intermittent problem. i need to click on a desktop shortcut numerous times before the page opens,, for example yahoo. any ideas as to what is causing this problem? thanx...
  6. modern desktop administration

modern desktop administration: After configuring a shared folder on the network, you assign NTFS permissions. You assign a user the Allow: Read permission. You then assign the Deny: Write permission to the user and notice that it removed the Allow: Read permission. What causes this?...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Can I make my windows 10 pc desktop shortcut labels bold? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-shortcuts/cfead4c0-8722-44ef-8915-543998442adf
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Good afternoon, A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11. I have Windows 10. When I changed my Default Browser from IE11 to Edge some of my Desktop Shortcuts changed from site specific...
  9. Fullscreen shortcuts for modern apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen shortcuts for modern apps?: Is there a shortcut to fullscreen apps such as Netflix, Hulu, the windows video player? windows key+up does not work for me on these particular types of apps. 20591
  10. Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?: I created desktop icons for the People, Money, News and Weather apps in my user account. These initially appear with the correct icon but when I log off and log in again, the icons are blank. How can I ensure the correct icon is displayed? 34958