Windows 10: Windows 10 TP on my Netbook

Discus and support Windows 10 TP on my Netbook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Netbook: Samsung N145 Plus, Atom N455 2 GB RAM 64-bit It works beyond perfect, shame Metro apps still can't run on 1024x600 resolution, given they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by derek10, Oct 3, 2014.

1. derek10 Win User

Windows 10 TP on my Netbook

Netbook: Samsung N145 Plus, Atom N455 2 GB RAM 64-bit
    It works beyond perfect, shame Metro apps still can't run on 1024x600 resolution, given they can run on separate windows *Sad

Edit: The search function doesn't work (blank window) while in my desktop vrtual machine it works fine, probabily due to the screen resolution

Windows 10 TP on my Netbook [​IMG]

:)

derek10, Oct 3, 2014

2. Windows 10 update left my Desktop unable to connect to the Internet.

Whilst installing Windows 10 my Zoostorm Desktop lost it's Ethernet connection. I reinstalled the Driver but it still refused to connect to the Internet. Undaunted, I purchased an internal TP-Link TL-Win951N. Having installed this I still had no access
    to the Internet. The TP card says it connected (even giving a signal strength). The Router is working correctly as my Laptop, Netbook and Tablets all connect correctly.

I've been playing with this problem for a couple of weeks now - without any positive results.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Dave Lawrence.

Davelawrence84, Oct 3, 2014
  3. AltheaDay Win User
    I need to clean the RAM - it's up to 80% with no programs being used.

I just use mail. I didn't view them before I deleted them. But it seems to have done the trick. I'm back down tp 60% which works for what I do on the netbook.

AltheaDay, Oct 3, 2014
  4. strollin Win User

strollin, Oct 3, 2014
  5. Boozad Win User
    Keep trying. The first two times I tested the Search function I just ended up with a blank white box and the VM hung, it could just be a bug. Mine works fine now, I'm just trying to find a way to remove it from the Taskbar.

Boozad, Oct 3, 2014
  6. derek10 Win User
    Thanks to both
    I have tried several times the search function but it always come blank. I suppose it is a embeeded Metro app which can't run on this resolution
    @strollin Yeah I know the registry hack to "emulate" a 1024x768 resolution (used it in Windows 8.x but it looks hooooorrible, distorted and blurry lol. Anyway I will try it. I hope Microsoft allows them to run natively in this resolution as they are now windows smaller than 768.

derek10, Oct 3, 2014
  7. strollin Win User
    That's a good point. Since the Metro apps are now resizable there shouldn't be any reason to restrict minimum resolution. Why don't you submit that as feedback?

strollin, Oct 3, 2014
  8. bromanbro Win User

Lol he can't use the Feedback App *Smile

However:Windows - Microsoft Community

That's another way to submit feedback.

Tho ten forums is way cooler. MS should check here instead *Biggrin

bromanbro, Oct 3, 2014
  9. derek10 Win User
    Thanks I will do it *Smile
    Thanks, I think I could do it by using the registry hack to "increase" the screen resolution or using my desktop computer if that is possible lol.

derek10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 TP on my Netbook - Similar Threads - Netbook

2. I have a WSUS EEE netbook and I can't find the setting that changes my desktop background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a WSUS EEE netbook and I can't find the setting that changes my desktop background.: I've been through all the setting in the control panel and I've right clicked while in the desktop, I've looked and looked but I just can't find where to change the desktop background/wallpaper. Please help. Thank you :D...
  3. I have a WSUS EEE netbook and I can't find the setting that changes my desktop background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a WSUS EEE netbook and I can't find the setting that changes my desktop background.: I've been through all the setting in the control panel and I've right clicked while in the desktop, I've looked and looked but I just can't find where to change the desktop background/wallpaper. Please help. Thank you :D...
  4. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  5. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  6. I have bought a new Prixton Netbook Pro 4/64 with Windows 10 pre-installed and we can't get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a new Prixton Netbook Pro 4/64 with Windows 10 pre-installed and we can't get...: We purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed and then opened a new Microsoft account for my daughter and we still can't get past the log-in page - it says the password is incorrect. What can we do to fix this please? THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!Regards, *** Email...
  7. I have bought a new Prixton Netbook Pro 4/64 with Windows 10 pre-installed and we can't get...

I have bought a new Prixton Netbook Pro 4/64 with Windows 10 pre-installed and we can't get...: We purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed and then opened a new Microsoft account for my daughter and we still can't get past the log-in page - it says the password is incorrect. What can we do to fix this please? THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!Regards, *** Email...
  8. I have bought a new Prixton Netbook Pro 4/64 with Windows 10 pre-installed and we can't get...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...: I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type bcdedit to check device and paths I get the error "the boot configuration data store could not be opened" and then following...
  10. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...: I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type bcdedit to check device and paths I get the error "the boot configuration data store could not be opened" and then following...