Windows 10: Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ

Discus and support Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any ideas on this? AC600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Archer T2U - Welcome to TP-LINK Worked fine in Windows 8.1 5559 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by krs360, Apr 22, 2015.

1. krs360 Win User

Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ

krs360, Apr 22, 2015
  2. robtoe Win User

HTC HD7 - WiFi n ?

VladimirH is exactly right. The phone supports N speeds, but not on a 5GHz band. The WNDR3300 router you mention is a dual band, and will typically by default have G speeds in the 2.4GHz range, and N set for 5GHz. Your phone won't see the SSID in the
    5GHz range.

robtoe, Apr 22, 2015
  3. bitslave Win User
    My Mozart 7 doesn't see my network

" my HTC Titan does not support wifi networks broadcasting on the 5GHz band"

That's strange as the Titan's BroadCom BCM4329 chipset is 802.11n enabled with dual bands 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

bitslave, Apr 22, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

badrobot, Apr 22, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    What is the brand and model of your computer? We can help you look for the driver.

badrobot, Apr 22, 2015
  6. krs360 Win User
    Hi - thanks for the replies.

The PC is custom built, however the USB adapter in question is the TP Link Archer T2U (link in OP)

krs360, Apr 23, 2015
  7. krs360 Win User
    This has been resolved now, managed to find the actual board it's running and downloaded the drivers direct from the manufacturer.

krs360, Apr 23, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Nice. Thanks for reporting back. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 23, 2015
  9. Do you have a link to this driver? I'm having the same issue.

DingusKhan, Jul 30, 2015
  10. laimanhou Win User
    laimanhou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ - Similar Threads - TPlink dual band

2. Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.: This issue has been plaguing me for months so any help appreciated.The Internet connection on my PC will suddenly turn itself off on the 5ghz band. The wifi network still shows but when I try to reconnect I get an 'Unable to connect to this network' error and no Internet. I...
  3. Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.: This issue has been plaguing me for months so any help appreciated.The Internet connection on my PC will suddenly turn itself off on the 5ghz band. The wifi network still shows but when I try to reconnect I get an 'Unable to connect to this network' error and no Internet. I...
  4. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  5. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  6. Windows 10 2004 breaking 5ghz dual band

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 breaking 5ghz dual band: 2 days back got the 2004 feature update on my windows 10 x64 Professional 1909 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 , After the update i lost 5g Wifi dual band connection option while the same dongle was working fine on 1909 & another laptop with 1803 i could see 5g wifi option...
  7. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  8. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  9. 5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz: I have a problem: I have a good Wifi Router and 100Mbps download and 10Mbps upload on all my devices ecpect my windows pc. A few weeks ago I had 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload on my 5ghz network ... but now I have 50 Mbps download and a unstable ping in games. When...
  10. Windows 10 can't see my 5GHz WiFi router band

Windows 10 can't see my 5GHz WiFi router band: Why can't my laptop running Windows 10 connect to my 5 GHz WiFi Band? It doesn't even appear in the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-see-my-5ghz-wifi-router-band/ddea54fa-fade-480e-bd0a-4b356b7f57fb