Windows 10: windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem

Discus and support windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello my problem is I tried to adjust my sleep settings and unintentionally set power button from sleep mode to do nothing mode now pc will show it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ramson, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Ramson Win User

windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem

hello my problem is I tried to adjust my sleep settings and unintentionally set power button from sleep mode to do nothing mode now pc will show it is turned on but all I get is a black screen so I can't correct that setting. I was originally trying to fix a restart problem by adjusting those settings I'm stuck any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Ramson, Oct 8, 2017

2. computer will not wake up

I have read several posts with individuals stating that there is a fix for windows 10 so that it awakens, most have something to do with adjusting the sleep settings. However my computer will not turn on to adjust the sleep settings.

sherrysutton1, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Aselisa Win User
    Window 10 upgrade delay

Hi Andrei. I installed Windows 10 back in September last year and since then my computer won't go to sleep. I have to shut it down every night cause it just keeps "waking up" and it won't go back to sleep. Then after each time I turn it on, all the settings
    that I'd adjusted previously before shutting it down - for sleep, hibernate, etc. are being reset to default. I also tried to re-adjust the time when my computer checks for updates, cause I thought that might be the problem why it wakes up, but again, it won't
    save the settings that I change and re-sets everything to default after I turn it on.

Aselisa, Oct 8, 2017
  4. windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem

Hi Ramson. Welcome to the TenForums @Ramson

While not a desired way to shutdown device have you tried holding down power key, say for 8 seconds, it should shut off.

Depending on what you are trying to do it maybe advisable to enter the advance Startup options and perform a system restore, not reset.

You can get menu started by holding down shift key and clicking restart. As this process may not work for you, given issue, power on, as soon as you see spinning dots hold power key down until it shuts off. Do this again, power on, see dots, hold power buton until it shuts off.

On the third attempt when you power on you should get the menu.

Here is tutorial.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

If you can't get the menu, stop and repost with what happen.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 8, 2017
  5. Ramson Win User
    Hi Ken, tried to bring menu up but was unsuccessful however after much hair pulling found what the problem was, power pack had enough power to light up and turn but not to boot up. Replaced pack all is well. Once again thanks very much for your help.

cheers

Ramson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem

1. windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem - Similar Threads - tried adjust sleep

2. Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?: I just got a new Dell Latitude 5420 and I cannot get the sleep setting adjustments to stay. The agent on Microsoft customer service chat helped by doing remote access but did not let me record what he did so I am lost now as my system did an automatic update and it went back...
  3. Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?: I just got a new Dell Latitude 5420 and I cannot get the sleep setting adjustments to stay. The agent on Microsoft customer service chat helped by doing remote access but did not let me record what he did so I am lost now as my system did an automatic update and it went back...
  4. Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows setting adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setting adjustment: How can I remove a setting that was established when I had my windows desktop device for business purposes? My system is not properly managing windows updates even 2 years after leaving the company and working with business support to remove or adjust the settings on my...
  6. Windows setting adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setting adjustment: How can I remove a setting that was established when I had my windows desktop device for business purposes? My system is not properly managing windows updates even 2 years after leaving the company and working with business support to remove or adjust the settings on my...
  7. Windows setting adjustment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Adjust printer default setting Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjust printer default setting Windows 10?: [ATTACH] Hello, every time anew, I have to change the default value from color to black when I print. How do I get him to remember that? Thanks for the advice. Drucker Standardeinstellung anpassen Windows 10?
  9. How to adjust sound settings in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust sound settings in windows 10.: The existing sound is very tinny and as such useless to actually hear anything properly. I can adjust the volume but the treble and bass are in need of serious adjustment to make it useful...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....