Windows 10: Windows 10 turned to Windows 8

Discus and support Windows 10 turned to Windows 8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10, and it has been great. I just fired up my computer and the desktop looks like win 8 now. I have no task bar. No home page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by notsosmart, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Windows 10 turned to Windows 8

I have windows 10, and it has been great. I just fired up my computer and the desktop looks like win 8 now. I have no task bar. No home page. everything is in win 8 start menu form. What happened. this is really strange to me.

Please advise. Just remember I am not super computer guy here.

:)

notsosmart, Jul 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 3, 2016
  4. Windows 10 turned to Windows 8

If you can get into the action center usually on the right hand side, turn off tablet mode.

AnonLegion, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Awww, you are Genius. I do not know how I changed that, but I must have. Thank you SO much.

notsosmart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 turned to Windows 8

1. Windows 10 turned to Windows 8 - Similar Threads - turned

2. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  3. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  4. Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity: Hello,I have been dealing with this problem for 7 hours now, watching nearly 30 tutorials and reading 3 forums. I simply cannot deactivate core isolation. I have full admin rights, I've also disabled/enabled tried both VMX in the BIOS. Secure Boot is also disabled. However, I...
  5. Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity

Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity: Hello,I have been dealing with this problem for 7 hours now, watching nearly 30 tutorials and reading 3 forums. I simply cannot deactivate core isolation. I have full admin rights, I've also disabled/enabled tried both VMX in the BIOS. Secure Boot is also disabled. However, I...
  6. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  7. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  8. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  9. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  10. Pc turning off while gaming

Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...