Windows 10: Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions

Discus and support Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 pro x64 on my computer, and started it, launched Microsoft Store, searched for a while and then my screen (LG flatron) went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CookieNovember, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions

I installed Windows 10 pro x64 on my computer, and started it, launched Microsoft Store, searched for a while and then my screen (LG flatron) went black then showed "power saving mode" then turned off, my pc fans kept running but nothing else, I thought it was something about microsoft store, so i tried all available solutions on the web with no luck, then l noticed than it's not about the store, when i tried to install an application using an .exe file, same thing happened, I tried many solutions, the issue stopped but not completely, it still appears sometimes when using the store.

I have Asrock g41-m with:

Intel core 2 duo

4GB RAM

Intel G41 express chipset

Note: All my driver's are up to date and this computer worked perfectly without any issue on windows 8.1 x32

:)

CookieNovember, Aug 28, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions

1. Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions - Similar Threads - turns off mysteriously

2. mysterious turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    mysterious turn on: I turn off my PC at night, but occasionally find that it is on in the morning. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysterious-turn-on/34eaa1d9-6303-4e5e-8d53-972eaec90cb8
  3. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  4. Weird problem when performing actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem when performing actions: Hi, whenever I click Taskbar Settings, Display Settings, Network & Internet Settings, Personalize, etc., a CMD window of RegAsm.exe opens and closes. Nothing happens. I just did sfc /scannow and reported no integrity violation. I also have done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. Weird problem when performing actions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem when performing actions: Hi, whenever I click Taskbar Settings, Display Settings, Network & Internert Settings, Personalize, etc., a CMD window of RegAsm.exe opens and closes. Nothing happens. Just did sfc /scannow and reported no integrity violation. submitted by /u/xoa3 [link] [comments]...
  6. Turning off screensaver for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off screensaver for specific program: I play Anno 1800 and when i leave my computer for a while my screensaver turns on and that causes my game to crash. Is there any way to turn off screensaver only when i play that game or do i have to turn it off completely and when i finish playing turn it on again?...
  7. Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...
  8. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support...
  9. Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. When you open the action...
  10. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional...