Windows 10: Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings

Discus and support Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 will reset my settings. First of all I have my system set to make IE my default brewers. But every time I click a link it will ask me if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings

Windows 10 will reset my settings. First of all I have my system set to make IE my default brewers. But every time I click a link it will ask me if I want IE or Edge. One other thing. I dislike using the touch pad on my laptop so I have it set to disable the touch pad. I tried several different ways to disable it and it will work until I restart and then the mouse pad is active again. It's a real pain in the you-know-what. Does anyone know of a solution?

:)

Frank1, Aug 18, 2015
  2. NVFOX Win User

Personal settings.

A No means No. Or is the word not enough to a Yes/No question, which it was? The comment did not impede the NO.

I'll try your suggestion, and we'll see whether it works when the next patch Tuesday in July (or any other Update coming along before).

NVFOX, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Personal settings.

I didn't ask if you liked or disliked Norton or if YOU have even installed a Norton application, I asked if you've ever run the
    Norton Removal Tool?

• Chances are (99.99%) your HP computer came with a Norton free-trial preinstalled. Doesn't matter if you never used it.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Have you disabled touchpad in device manager.

5. Frank1 Win User
    No I haven't but I was thinking about doing that. But if I did that and wanted to enable it for some reason, could I do it?

Frank1, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    Yes, by re-enabling it in device manager.

If, for whatever reason, you do not have access to your external mouse, you can use the keyboard to navigate 90% of Windows.

A major benefit too, is learning to use the keyboard alone to navigate Windows. It increases your efficiency and/or your productivity incredibly when you learn all the keyboard shortcuts for various things.

I believe there are also programmatic/scriptable ways to enable & disable devices, I'll look into it a bit and if I find out, I'll come back and leave a post with an easy method to re-enable your touchpad when needed.

Hydranix, Aug 18, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    Are you per chance using the same login on two different computers? The biggest issue with the whole Live login, is that it syncs your Roaming profile in Microsoft's cloud and then when you log into another computer with those credentials, it loads them.

Now of course your profile could be screwed up and needs to be reset. The tools listed in this link are from Microsoft.com. The Accounts troubleshooter should hopefully fix the issue. Fix Windows Store, Metro Apps and Microsoft Account Related Problems in Windows 8 - AskVG

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings - Similar Threads - turns sets personal

2. Windows 10 Personalization/Color Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Personalization/Color Settings: Hello! So basically I was recently changing my colors in my windows 10 computer settings and you know how you can go into settings>then personalization>then colors and there are all these options to pick a accent color for both your start menu and your taskbar? Well I...
  3. "Settings" > "Personalization" settings window frozen??

"Settings" > "Personalization" settings window frozen??: Hey Forum Folke, Having a problem with Windows (so what else is new?) I'm trying to change my wallpaper/desktop background images into a slideshow format. Went to "Settings" > "Personalization" and clicked on the wallpaper settings, and tried to select the folder where I had...
  4. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  5. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  6. Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings: For a long time, I've used the mouse left handed on my desktop machine. (I'm right handed, and I can mouse just fine left handed, but I cant write left handed, so I like to keep my right hand free to take notes (I know - archaic). I like the way settings sync to the other...
  7. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  8. re set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re set: why has treasure hunt reset to level one every time I try to play also have lost all my larger amounts of bombs etc gone back to 2 each https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-set/6fa63f70-6735-4c3c-b7a6-2c82f7382ce3
  9. RE-Set of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE-Set of Windows 10: Last week I did a reset of windows 10, keeping my files. When the reset was over and the lock screen came up I could not get into the computer. My wireless or wired keyboards and mouse would not work. I can get into the BIOS but not. According to the reset Windows 10 was to...
  10. Personalized Settings on startup [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Support
    Personalized Settings on startup [Windows 10]: I have this issue where when I restart my laptop there's a windows that says "Personalized Settings" with black screen. Takes a while to load and it done this multiple times. It started doing it today. How can I fix? 100313