Windows 10: Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which

Discus and support Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had a wierd problem over night as when I switched on the TV this morning all had changed. I've had my PC connected to HDMI 1 for years with UHD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vipermk2, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Vipermk2 Win User

Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which

Had a wierd problem over night as when I switched on the TV this morning all had changed.

I've had my PC connected to HDMI 1 for years with UHD color active and had no problems whatsoever. Last night I was playing 'The Division' on the PC using the TV as my 2nd monitor, the in game video setting are 2560x1440 at 59hz and I've been playing like this for months. All I did last night when finished was to exit the game and put the TV in standby mode.

This morning when I started up the game my display settings on the PC was only showing 1 display, it would not recognise the TV. I tried the other HDMI ports and it would only work on HDMI 3, this is the only port that is greyed out in the UHD color settings. When I turn off the UHD on the other ports, HDMI 3 is still the only one that works. I've tried different HDMI cables all to reqiured hi standard but still no Luck. I have connected other devices to HDMI 1,2 and 4 and they work fine.

I can use it on HDMI 3 but the real problem occurs when I play the game @ 2560x1440 it will only run at 30hz. If I choose the 59hz setting in the game the display disappears. The wierd thing is, it will run at 3840x2160 @59hz

:)

Vipermk2, Sep 23, 2016
  2. art4mad Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapater Rotation Issues

I am trying to use the Microsoft Display Adapter with my Wacom Cintiq Mobilestudio Pro running Windows 10 (fully updated as of today). I'm trying to "duplicate screen". Connecting works fine but the TV keeps having problems with the rotation of the screen.
    Currently in Landscape mode the TV the display adapter is hooked up to displays the screen upside down. If I try switching to "portrait" rotation the TV displays the screen correctly but my Cintiq's pen calibration is upside down. Switching back to landscape
    causes the TV to stay in portrait orientation but to display the landscape screen, only squeezed into the portrait aspect ratio. The display adapter is majorly confused.

I have made sure the adapter has had firmware updated and current. The Intel Graphics drivers are also current, and I have deleted them and reinstalled.

art4mad, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Microsoft Wireless Adapter Firmware Update Ver. 1.3.8220

I purchased a Microsoft Display Adapter to use with my laptop on which I had installed Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. After

hooking up the Microsoft Display Adapter to my TV it kept dropping the connection. I looked online for a solution and one suggestion indicated that I should download the Microsoft Display Adapter App from the Windows Store which I did. I connected to the
    Microsoft Display Adapter connected to the TV and started the APP and it showed I needed a firmware update (1.3.8220). I let it run the update and after it had finished I tried to connect to the adapter and the TV screen would only show "Format Not Supported".
    Now I can't use the adapter I purchased ($50.00) and there appears no way to repair?? Any Solutions??

Jedidiah305, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which

1. Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which - Similar Threads - Display adapter problems

2. Problem identifying TV display correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem identifying TV display correctly: I have a strange issue... Just moved into a flat with a new TV. First time I plugged my laptop in via HDMI, it worked fine. The next day, plugged it in - only displayed in 640x480 Rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers, no change. Tried it my other laptop...
  3. Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem

Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem: I have already availed myself of the suggested community fixes for this problem and want to share what I have learned. The Intel audio driver I have is up to date. I have disabled both the Win 10 speaker and HD audio devices. This allows the Intel driver to load, which is...
  4. Display adapters problem

Display adapters problem: Hi, iam using windows 10 64bit.When I use my laptop for sometime, suddenly program get closed and a notification comes like" Your Microsoft basic display driver failed ".The desktop icons gets bigger, nothing but my intel display driver automatically changed into Microsoft...
  5. Display Adapter problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Adapter problem: Whenever, I try to update my graphics driver (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter). It just gives me a black screen. I already know how to fix the black screen but Is there a way to update It successfully without having a black screen and why does Black screen happen? submitted...
  6. Display adapter problem

Display adapter problem: I had recently installed amd graphics driver but it caused problem . So I unistalled it . i also have a intel hd 3000 driver . But it's because my display adapter has been microsoft basic display adapter . Now how do I switch to intel hd 3000? pls help!!!!...
  7. MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV

MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV: Adapter installed in my Windows 10 Pro laptop. TV screen display "Ready for Connection". Both Adapter and TV listed in My Devices ("Unconnected") Action Center does not list either device to allow Connection. (Firewall allows both Private and Public use)...
  8. Wireless Display Adapter problem

Wireless Display Adapter problem: Hello i have WIN10 64bit my pc build is new and powerful. I bought the MSdisplay adapter connected on my LG OLEDB6 and my pc cant find/discover form Action Center>Connect neither from Settings>Devices>Add Device. I tried to connect it to another TV and pc and it did work.I...
  9. Problems with display adapter on windows 10.

Problems with display adapter on windows 10.: I am using Windows 10 Operating System and I am facing problems with the display adapter. I am not able to update the driver; I am not able to control the brightness settings and now my screentouch is also not working. Few months back,I used a third party software to...
  10. Display adapter problem

Display adapter problem: There was problem in brightness changing on my laptop having windows 10. So to resolve the issue I mistakenly disabled the Microsoft basic display adapter from the display adapter. Now my laptop only shows " there is a problem in your device , it needs restart . After...