Windows 10: Windows 10 UAC Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 UAC Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, This is driving me up a wall. So I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Most things are running just fine. However anything that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zakka, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Zakka Win User

Windows 10 UAC Issue

Hey guys,

This is driving me up a wall. So I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Most things are running just fine.

However anything that requires UAC does not work.

Setting Compatibility does not work
    Running as Admin does not work

I get error such as "Windows 10 The Extended attributes are inconsistent"

So I try uninstalling them and I get. "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

SO I go try and turn UAC off, when I do I hear a windows error sound with no error.

I cannot run Admin CMD prompt and my account says it is Admin.

Please help!

EDIT:

I found a post on how to fix this - Changing my Sound scheme to default windows fixed this issue....WHY this effects UAC is beyond me but it is fixed now!

:)

Zakka, Aug 12, 2015
  2. jfive1949 Win User

Windows UAC issues

Hi

I upgraded to Windows10 from 7 and all was well until one day I became a "Guest" instead of "Administrator" including a password. After the upgrade my account now pops up a dialog box for everything I do and asks me to click "yes" to run with elivated permissions.
    Problem is THERE IS NO "YES" BUTTON! I found out that the Windows 10 Upgrade changed my account from Administrator to Guest. My account is the only one on the computer except for the hidden admin which I can't access. How do I get out of
    this? Been trying to fix this for 2 months. Help

John Heath

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

jfive1949, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 UAC window problem

Hi i have quite a big problem with the UAC window only appearing for a split second without giving me chance to confirm.

Whenever i want to install software and the program tries to trigger UAC but the UAC window only appears for a split second and the program quits as if I denied admin access.

I have read other similar issues on these forums but nothing seems to match the problem I have exactly, I have also tried to adjust the UAC level but as this requires UAC confirmation can't be done.

This is on a computer that previously ran windows 7 pro and was upgraded to Windows 10.

Also had two laptops that i have upgraded and haven't encountered this issue on them .

Was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

Thanks

christopher-mountford, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Windows 10 UAC Issue

Okay, this IS strange. It worked for me, as well. I'd like to find the original article you read.

PeaB4YouGo, Dec 18, 2015
  5. MWRadio Win User
    I don't know about Zakka but this is where I found it:

Solved! How to fix Error

Same issue but strangely I had not changed any sound settings or themes to my knowledge! Happened just after a large update to Windows 10 along with booting issues that seem to be related to my video card.

MWRadio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 UAC Issue

1. Windows 10 UAC Issue - Similar Threads - UAC Issue

2. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  3. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  4. Zoo Tycoon UAC Tutorial Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoo Tycoon UAC Tutorial Issues: How do you skip part of tutorial I am to use my mouse roll button while going L and R, but I don't have mouse button...now I can't finish tutorial. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoo-tycoon-uac-tutorial-issues/e7947e47-914d-4a71-b95c-9e95e9c095a7
  5. Weird UAC issue. Changes on reboot.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird UAC issue. Changes on reboot.: I have been having a weird issue with the UAC for a bit that I have now decided it is bugging me to much. When I restart my computer, the UAC setting change. It should be at the default of level 3. After a reboot, it is set to level 4 but acting it is like it is on level 2....
  6. Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue: Hello! This issue with the task below and the setting to run with highest privileges has been flagged as a security risk. I know individually you can just uncheck the box, however I've been tasked to do this enterprise wide vis GPO. Does anyone know of a way to do this via...
  7. Lock screen and UAC prompt issue,

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen and UAC prompt issue,: Hey friends, I am Aryesh, and from when I got my new laptop, I have been facing this UAC Prompt delay for about 4 - 5 secs and Lock screen delay. When I press a key, the lock screen is just the image and then after some seconds, it appears. I think that my Graphics driver is...
  8. Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue: I thought I'd just put in an update about the May 2019 1903 update. I ran the installation on both my laptop and my desktop. Everything went well for both computers except when I tried to watch a YouTube video on my desktop, I noticed my audio was gone. The computer had not...
  9. Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7: Ever since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I have been having UAC issues across the board. Everything needs to be run as admin in order to work properly and I have frequent issues with losing ownership to files despite being admin. I turned off UAC but this did not fix...
  10. Win 10 UAC issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 UAC issue: Is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues where Win 10 User Account Control suddenly decides to block installation of software such as a printer driver? I am trying to reinstall the driver for my HP LaserJet P1102w printer and every time the software install initializes, I...