Windows 10: Windows 10 UAC problems

Discus and support Windows 10 UAC problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In order to disable Windows 10 UAC I had to make a manual registry adjustment.....simply moving the UAC slider to the bottom still left controls in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by uncleadolph, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 UAC problems

In order to disable Windows 10 UAC I had to make a manual registry adjustment.....simply moving the UAC slider to the bottom still left controls in place even after several re-boots.

However, I now find that if I wish to use Microsoft Edge, Mail, Solitaire Collection etc I get a message stating that the application "can't open whilst UAC is turned off." So basically I have to turn the controls back on to access them.

Is this intended and is there a way to stop this and use the programs? If this is intended then it makes the upgrade to W10 pretty pointless!

:)

uncleadolph, Aug 5, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

Please walk us through enabling UAC.

Arlan Henry, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hello uncleadolph, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Windows apps from the Store (aka: modern apps) cannot run in an elevated account or elevated explorer process. When you disable UAC, that elevates the account. It was the same in Windows 8/8.1 as well.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Many thanks. As you will have gathered I didn't have Windows 8, the upgrade was from Windows 7 so I wasn't aware of this.

The answer is obviously disappointing but not much anyone can do about it.

uncleadolph, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 UAC problems

1. Windows 10 UAC problems - Similar Threads - UAC problems

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. problem with user account control (uac)

problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  6. UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.: Hi I had part of my problem solved yesterday concerning the removal of the shield on my existing programs which was a great relief. However, I am still having a problem with some of my new downloaded programs. I have the same message I used to receive with my other programs....
  7. Uac Window Problem in Win10

Uac Window Problem in Win10: I got a problem that when i play any game or only open browser that the game or browser get out and when i click alt & tab to see what did that there is a window his name is services when i click on it didnt open and when i wait seconds i see something write in it Windows Uac...
  8. Small UAC problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Small UAC problem.: Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?. A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads fine....BUT now I am getting the message that the password has expired and must be changed !.. If I remember rightly it was a...
  9. UAC Problems and Password Recovery

UAC Problems and Password Recovery: I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give...
  10. UAC Problems.

UAC Problems.: Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan .