Windows 10: Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable

Discus and support Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just re-installed Windows 10 while I had Ubuntu and now I cant access Ubuntu anymore. Someone suggested Easy BCD but my Ubuntu partition is of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by white wolverine, May 21, 2017.

1. Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable

I just re-installed Windows 10 while I had Ubuntu and now I cant access Ubuntu anymore. Someone suggested Easy BCD but my Ubuntu partition is of the ext4 file system and hence is inaccessible to my Windows. The only method I know is to reinstall Ubuntu but I really don't want to do that. Is there any way I can solve this? It seems Windows doesn't recognize the Ubuntu partition at all. Does Windows boot manager exist in Win 10? If so, how do I activate it?

:)

white wolverine, May 21, 2017

2. cklock after rebooting from Ubuntu

Hi Michael, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

That is a known issue when even dual booting Ubuntu.

This should help.

How to Fix Time Differences in Ubuntu 16.04 & Windows 10 Dual Boot

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/05/tim...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10 console messages when shutdown or boot up.

I am currently using dual booted laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

When I shutdown or boots up Ubuntu it displays console messages which are quite informative. But when shutting down windows it just shows boring spinning dots.

So is there any way to display console messages while shutdown or boot up process for windows?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC]

ANKUR PARIHAR, May 21, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable

clam1952, May 21, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable

1. Windows 10/ Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot unavailable - Similar Threads - Ubuntu dual boot

2. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  3. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  4. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10: Hello. I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case), where Ubuntu...
  5. Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18

Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18: Hi there I tried to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. Originally it had Win10. After partitioning and installing Ubuntu, Windows now no longer booting. "no accessible boot device" I tried to change many settings in BIOS: SATA: AHCI UEFI...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  7. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  8. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04

Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04: Hi, I've just built my desktop and I'm trying to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04. I've already partitioned my hard drive, and installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04, but I'm trying to get to a place where I can choose what OS to start whenever I turn on my...