Windows 10: Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

Discus and support Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveKeeney, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it successfully. I can see the auto / legacy / UEFI boot option in the firmware setup screen, so it looks to be fully updated and that BIOS was written with UEFI in mind as it is stated so in the discription.

When I do the MSINFO the bios mode still reads Legacy, and I cannot find the UEFI box in the setup screen under settings - updated - recovery - restart now.

The reason I ask is I used EaseUS partition master software tried to clone my old 2TB to the new 8TB and it works fine installed on its own up to the point I reset it from MBR to GTP. After that it will not boot, the image is ruined and I have to start to clone all over even though I select the boot as UEFI in the firmware screen after the MBR to GTP conversion and before it boots during the restart.

My question is will Win10 automatically see UEFI and adjust for it or is that only made active during the initial installation? This Win10 image was installed without UEFI as an option on this Lenovo at that time.

I am trying to not have to reload Win10 from scratch for this hard drive upgrade.

Thank you for the help

Dave

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

DaveKeeney, Jul 9, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

Hi,

For us to provide you with the appropriate steps on how to access the UEFI settings, we would like to verify if your computer has a UEFI firmware. To check, type
    MSINFO on Cortana's search field and press
    Enter
    . On the BIOS Mode parameter, the corresponding value should be set to
    UEFI.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 9, 2018
  3. 007IND Win User
    Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting 56662848-50fb-4ebd-84b8-47ad24909e74.jpg
    Hey,
    I recently install windows 10 using media creation tool. I choose uefi in bios in place of legacy os before installation. Then install using usb (media creation tool ). but now on advance startup option under recovery option it doesnot show uefi setting so
    what to do. please help me show that I can fix this. Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC]

007IND, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

uefi firmware settings

I did have UEFI Firmware Settings under settings / update and security / recovery / advanced startup - restart now

and then under troubleshooting /advanced

but it is no longer listed... how can I get the UEFI Firmware settings back into recovery?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jack Smook, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

1. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting - Similar Threads - UEFI setting showing

2. BIOS advanced settings not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS advanced settings not showing: hello therei have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 1650i've been having a very bad problem "laptop not detecting my nvidia gpu" and after some researches i found that this problem can be fixed by checking the BIOS advanced settings , some say "it could be...
  3. BIOS advanced settings not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS advanced settings not showing: hello therei have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 1650i've been having a very bad problem "laptop not detecting my nvidia gpu" and after some researches i found that this problem can be fixed by checking the BIOS advanced settings , some say "it could be...
  4. advanced settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  5. unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings: as the title describes, i am completely unable to restart from "settings, recovery, advanced startup". for those who are not familiar with the menu i am trying to describe, it's this one. no matter what option i select on that list, my computer turns off, turns back on and...
  6. I cant find BIOS uefi setting in advance setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant find BIOS uefi setting in advance setting in windows 10: [ATTACH] I cant find the BIOS UEFI settings in advanced setting in windows 10. Please how do I fix this. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-bios-uefi-setting-in-advance-setting/9467be6f-6e77-431d-8251-d7aada9736e3
  7. UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart

UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart: Hey, basically my uefi settings won't show in advanced restart i also have tried to go into the bios to disable secure boot but secure boot is not an option, is this just me? Also is there a solution?...
  8. Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10: I use Acer spin 7 (64 bit) system with windows 10 and currently trying to dual boot my system with Ubuntu 16. As Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode so I know that I need to install Ubuntu in UEFI mode as well. I am also aware that in order to that, firstly I need to...
  9. Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting: I want to change my boot device priority in Windows 10 but when I go to the advanced options there is no UEFI choice. I have checked my BIOS mode and it is 'Legacy'. How can I change my boot device priority? I changed it ages ago to remote drive first but now want to change...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting: I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it successfully. I can see the auto / legacy / UEFI boot option in the firmware setup screen, so it looks to be fully updated and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi settings not showing

2. uefi firmware settings not showing

3. windows 10 no uefi option in settings

4. uefi settings are not showing on windows 10,
  5. uefi firmware settings windows 10 not showing,
  6. my system did not show select uefi firmware settings when setthing bios,
  7. could not see uefi in the advance recover settings,
  8. windows uefi option not showing,
  9. uefi boot settings not showing up,
  10. uefi system not visible in recovery setting,
  11. gigabyte z77mx windows boot manager not shown in BIOS screen,