Windows 10: Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just realized after recent major update on windows 10 I'm facing some issues. 1. Unable to change account picture [img] 2. Stuck on changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by n4rvto, Nov 25, 2017.

1. n4rvto Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen

Hi, I just realized after recent major update on windows 10 I'm facing some issues.
    1. Unable to change account picture

Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen [​IMG]

2. Stuck on changing lock screen

Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen [​IMG]

I already do some troubleshooting:
    1. sfc /scannow
    2. DISM
    - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    3. manually change the source of image in
    - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    but, none of them is working..

Please help me to find a solution instead of re-install the whole windows (which is exhausting). Thank you.

:)

n4rvto, Nov 25, 2017

2. Lock screen cannot be changed

I am unable to change the lock screen of Windows 10 pro on the user account side. The admin account lock screen works fine, Pre anniversary update I had the lock screen disabled after the update I tried to reset the user account lock screen and the
    lock screen settings page showed some settings are managed by your organization. Editing the registry to remove No lockscreen cleared that however I am still unable to change the picture for the lock screen on the user account only. Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks.

CyberVulcan X, Nov 25, 2017
  3. can,t change Lock Screen and account picture.

I'm unable to change my aacount picture. when i try to change it, it shows account picture cant change try again later. similarly when ii try to change lock screen background even a preview cant load. any solution? i m using windows 10. and it is activated
    too.

HimanshuChoudhary1, Nov 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, when I had a problem with Spotlight (i.e. different to yours), but similar in that the Preview screen remained greyed out, that was only fixed when I upgraded to the next build. (I had broken Spotlight and got it working again otherwise).

I assume you have no useful system restore points.

Important steps:
    a. What is your current Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver

b. Also please create a new user for test purposes and advise if the above works.

If you still have the same problem with a new user, then I would suggest you either do an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data or if you are using an older build, consider upgrading to 1709. The answer somewhat depends on the answer to the previous question.

Otherwise I expect the problem is specific to your account, which an in-place upgrade repair is unlikely to fix.

Note: a technique which can help you to recover to a previous good working state when things go badly wrong, e.g. unbootable PC, disk failure etc and so reduce the need to do clean installs, which we continually urge people to use routinely is disk imaging e.g. using Macrium Reflect (free).

I assume you haven't started doing that and don't have a disk image created before this started happening.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2017
  5. n4rvto Win User
    Hi dalchina, thank you for the respond. Here is the results of your suggestion:
    a. 1703
    b. I forgot to mention in my post before that I already created a new account and the issue still same.

so I'm planning to update my windows to 1709 just like you mentioned. I will update to you after I'm finished my update process, thank you.

n4rvto, Nov 26, 2017
  6. n4rvto Win User
    Hi, I just updated my windows to 1709 this morning and both of my issues is solved. Thank you!

n4rvto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen - Similar Threads - Unable change account

2. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10: Hello there, greetings.I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm facing.I am unable to change my lock screen wallpaper.Whenever i open up the lock screen settings, this is what i seeWhen i try to select a picture from 'Browse' > 'Choose Picture', i...
  3. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10: Hello there, greetings.I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm facing.I am unable to change my lock screen wallpaper.Whenever i open up the lock screen settings, this is what i seeWhen i try to select a picture from 'Browse' > 'Choose Picture', i...
  4. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  6. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  7. Lock Screen Picture Not Changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Picture Not Changing: Whenever I boot up my PC, it is always the default lock screen, however, when I put my PC into sleep mode, it shows up as the custom lock screen selected. The lock screen picture changes every time I restart my pc. I have no idea how to fix this, and can't find any info on...
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture not changing

Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture not changing: After the recent update to 1909, I'm unable to change my Lock Screen picture. When i try to open an image and then choose set as Lock Screen it gives me an error message saying "Try Another Picture". I try to change it from settings and once the picture is chosen then it just...
  9. Unable to change lock screen picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to change lock screen picture: For months I haven't been able to set a lock screen picture. If I do it straight from photos, it says "try a different photo" with no information underneath. If I try to change it from settings, it just loads forever. (If I chose one of the photos underneath "Choose your...
  10. Lock screen not changing picture

Lock screen not changing picture: So when I go to the lock screen in Windows 10 I can select a picture and the preview shows it fine. However when I actually lock my PC it still shows the default Windows 10 one. (Not a solid colour) PC upgraded from Windows 7 recently. All updates applied. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change lock screen in windows 10

2. Unable to change lock screen picture windows 10

3. unable to change account picture windows 10

4. windows 10 systemdata cannot change lock picture,
  5. unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10,
  6. Unable to change the lock screen of the Windows 10,
  7. unable to change pc account picture,
  8. unable to change windows 10 lock screen,
  9. unable to change lock screen windows 10