Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, After having looked all over the internet, and being called back by an employer of Microsoft, who couldn't help me either, I turn to you guys,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris_annoyed, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...

Hello,

After having looked all over the internet, and being called back by an employer of Microsoft, who couldn't help me either, I turn to you guys, hoping that there is someone out there who knows the solution to this problem.

Since a few years my Dell XPS touch screen has been firing randomly (some points on the screen fire more frequently than others). At first I tried to solve that problem, but nothing helped. So, for the last couple of years I had my touch screen disabled. Sometimes, after a Microsoft update, it was automatically enabled again, so I had to disable it again. Because I did not have the "Human Interface Device" option in my Device Manager, I disabled the touch screen by unchecking "Use your finger as input device" on the "Touch" tab within the "Pen and Touch" settings. This worked perfectly, no longer a firing touch screen, no longer being able to use the touch screen either, but this touch screen was pretty crappy anyway, so I don't miss it.

Because for multiple months my computer was not able to update anymore, and nothing I tried helped, a few weeks ago I had to reset my Windows 10. All my files were deleted, and Windows was completely removed and reinstalled. This of course re-enabled my touch screen.

The problem is that since the re-installation of Windows 10, the option to not "Use your finger as input device" has disappeared, and has not been replaced by any other option to disable my touch screen (also checked the "settings" button on the same tab). There is still no "Human Interface Device" (HIM) in Device Manager, so still no disabling my touch screen through that approach. I have tried several suggestions I found on the internet to get the HIM to appear, but none worked.

One of these attempts was to set "Human Interface Device Services" to automatic in the "Services" list under "Computer Management" (restarted PC several times since) - still no HID in the Device Manager.

In summary, there appears to be no way to disable my touch screen in order to prevent it from frequently firing without anything touching it. This renders my pc almost unusable, because the random firing is not only very annoying, it can also cause problems when things on the screen are clicked that should not be clicked.

Please help!

Thanks

Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to... 16dacba1-124f-49ba-869d-8517f5dcce3d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Chris_annoyed, Jul 23, 2018

2. Missing HID-compliant touch screen in Windows 10

I'm still unable to use the touchscreen. I've tried every option offered here as well as those I've researched. There are no drivers in Windows 10 for the touchscreen. One option suggested deleted all the HID drivers in the Device Manager but I fear if
    I do that I won't be able to find them again to re-install. None of my HID drivers indicate they are for touchscreen or touch & pen as I've see it called.

Other suggestions?

DeeDee

DeeDeePlank, Jul 23, 2018
  3. BeaRay Win User
    Touch screen not working on Windows 10

I have an HP Envy and since the Windows 10 update my touchscreen is not working. The is no HID-Compliant touch screen. The options which I have are:

• HID-compliant consumer control device
    • HID-compliant headset
    • HID-compliant vendor-defined service
    • HID-compliant Wireless Button Driver
    • USB Input Device
    • USB Input Device
    I tried disabling and re-enabling HID-compliant consumer control device and HID-compliant vendor-defined service. Neither worked. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

BeaRay, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...

HID componet missing. touch screen missng. tryed reseting did not work

HID componet missing. touch screen missng. tryed reseting did not work

Rahmani_1975, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to...

1. Windows 10 unable to disable touch screen since Windows reset (HID missing, no option to... - Similar Threads - unable disable touch

2. HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.: Hello, I perform a reset my 32-bit windows tablet, selected Clear TPM and the touchscreen didn't work after. The drivers for HID compliant touch screen are missing in the device manager, thus I can't update them. Tried installing drivers available on windows update catalog...
  3. HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.: Hello, I perform a reset my 32-bit windows tablet, selected Clear TPM and the touchscreen didn't work after. The drivers for HID compliant touch screen are missing in the device manager, thus I can't update them. Tried installing drivers available on windows update catalog...
  4. HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HID Compliant Touch Screen Missing - windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Compliant Touch Screen Missing - windows 11: I have an external display that has a touchscreen feature. The display is connected and appears but the touchscreen is not working. Found out that the HID-Compliant touch screen is missing. I'm using a custom PC running on windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5800 CPU and RTX3070Ti GPU....
  6. HID Compliant Touch Screen Missing - windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Compliant Touch Screen Missing - windows 11: I have an external display that has a touchscreen feature. The display is connected and appears but the touchscreen is not working. Found out that the HID-Compliant touch screen is missing. I'm using a custom PC running on windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5800 CPU and RTX3070Ti GPU....
  7. HID Touch Screen Driver Missing

HID Touch Screen Driver Missing: Hey, I have a touch screen laptop that has recently lost its driver for the HID touch screen- and therefore my touch screen does not work. I have tried to update and restart. Scan for recent driver changes and restart. I'm now at a loss, any ideas? Why would it suddenly...
  8. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing

HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing: I have an HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC. I had some problems and had to do a system reset, The problem was solved but now my touchscreen has stopped working. When I went to my device manager and viewed Human Interface Devices, there us ho HID-compliant touch screen listed. I...
  9. HID-compliant touch screen missing in Windows 10 Pro

HID-compliant touch screen missing in Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I have a touch screen monitor which does not work with the touch screen at all after I reinstalled my Windows 10 pro. I googled and tried all types of solutions and referred to the following Microsoft solution below....
  10. Missing HID-compliant touch screen in Windows 10

Missing HID-compliant touch screen in Windows 10: hello I have a HP stream x360 11-p015wm and I've & tried everything is there a download drive for a Missing HID-compliant touch screen???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell sx2210t device manager hidcompliant human interface device touch screen not available