Windows 10: Windows 10 - unable turn on radio?

Discus and support Windows 10 - unable turn on radio? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm using a Dell E7240, did a fresh install of Windows 10. I can pick up all sorts of WIFI connections and connect to them successfully.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carlwin10, Aug 2, 2015.

1. carlwin10 Win User

Windows 10 - unable turn on radio?

Hi all,

I'm using a Dell E7240, did a fresh install of Windows 10.
    I can pick up all sorts of WIFI connections and connect to them successfully.

However when I wanted to use my internal 3G modem it tells me that the "radio is off" and I can't enable this in settings?
    Its greyed out, if I enable flight mode is greys out the WIFI and Bluetooth switches.
    When I disable flight mode it allows me to turn WIFI and Bluetooth off/on but "radio" remains greyed out.

Checked BIOS settings, checked driver for the Mobile Broadband Card, disabled and enable the adapter.
    Still does not want to allow me to enable the radio. I can manage the SIM PIN so I can change it or turn on or off.

It even shows me the network provider if I disable the SIM PIN, but the radio remains off!

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Carl

:)

carlwin10, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2015
  3. MohanRaj1 Win User
    unable to update windows 10 , 32 bit - error code 0x80070424 and unable to turn on windows defender

windows 10 pro

version 1709

Build 16299.125

unable to update windows 10 , 32 bit - error code 0x80070424

unable to turn on windows defender

MohanRaj1, Aug 2, 2015
  4. 2XG
    2xg Win User

Hi there and Welcome to Ten Forums,

Have you checked any latest driver for your 3G modem? I'd also find out if there's any incompatibility issue.

5. royster86 Win User
    Hi Carl,

I had the same issue with my Globetrotter Connect software.

I finally sorted it out!

It looks to me like the mobile stack for Windows 10 is incomplete (looks like bits of it are there from the mobile Windows 10, but it doesn't work properly yet).

Try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and click "Sign out".
    On the login screen, click on the wireless symbol. At the top you should see the mobile connection, which can be disabled from here. Flip the switch to turn it on and then login - you should now see it working.

It's really crap that there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing this once your in Windows and you have to do it from the login screen. Makes no sense to me, unless it is unfinished work that will be patched later (judging by some parts of the OS, this seems likely).

Let me know if you're successful!

Cheers,
    Ryan.

royster86, Sep 23, 2015
  6. justToSay Win User
    Wow THANK YOU Royster! Been fighting this for ages and thought it was something wrong with my system.

Turns out it's just Windows 10 being an asshat. A lot of labels in Settings and various other control panels state "Radio Off" but don't let you do anything to turn it on.

Your solution solves this! But you can actually do it without having to Sign Out, too:
    - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del (this takes you to the Lock screen without signing you out or locking your PC)
    - Click on the Wireless Symbol in the bottom right
    - Change "Cellular" (or similar) to On

Let's hope they fix this soon!

-Gwyn

justToSay, Dec 2, 2015
  7. nmishra Win User
    after doing ctrl+alt+del the cellular option is still grayed out for me can you please suggest a solution for this asap.

nmishra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - unable turn on radio? - Similar Threads - unable turn radio

2. Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn on notifications for Nearby Sharing, but "Get Notifications from this apps" shows an almost empty list Windows 10 2004 Admin account Focus Assist: Off https://i.imgur.com/0XJMrBH.png Any help much welcome 171341
  3. Unable to turn on Bluetooth in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to turn on Bluetooth in windows 10: Hi there, I'm unable to turn on Bluetooth in windows 10. The "on/off" option just disappeared. I tried to update/reinstall the Bluetooth driver but it had no effect. Then I tried to restart Bluetooth services: [ATTACH] I could start the first two services and set...
  4. Bluetooth radio status issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth radio status issue on Windows 10: [ATTACH] I've tried going into device manager and uninstalling Qualcomm, restarting pc, and running services.msc to make Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service set on automatic but I'd still get this result when running troubleshooting tests on...
  5. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  6. How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how Tunein Radio (Internet radio) can be installed on Windows 10. I want to listen to a local FM Radio Station. Any help would be welcome Thanks 78593
  7. Windows 10 laptop unable to 'see' Roberts Stream 93i radio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop unable to 'see' Roberts Stream 93i radio: I've been working out how to get my Roberts Stream 93i Internet Radio to play music from my two Win 10 Pro PCs. The desktop, after enabling media streaming via the link in WMP, sees the Roberts radio and my Dell laptop. The radio sees the Desktop and happily plays music...
  8. Radio Function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Radio Function: Is there a radio function as part of Groove. I'm on the RTM build, all updated. I've seen clips showing a radio function on the left side toolbar but can't figure out on how to show it and use it??? TIA 24753
  9. Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on: I have a few internet radios in the house, mostly older Reciva-based radios, with the latest firmware. Some are connected to the LAN, some connect wirelessly. They have a setting which allows them to remain on the network in standby mode, the idea of this being that they...
  10. unable to turn on the bluetooth in the Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to turn on the bluetooth in the Settings in Windows 10: I am unable to turn on the blue tooth in the Settings in Windows 10. It is refusing to turn on. Pl help. 28797

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CTRL ALT DEL and click Sign out radio on