Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process

Discus and support Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe (which runs a lot of inner processes) Is there a way to find out which svchost process it is,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bart.NET, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:52 AM.

1. Bart.NET Win User

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process

I have an "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe (which runs a lot of inner processes)

Is there a way to find out which svchost process it is, and especially the inner process?

In the event viewer I can only see the following:

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe has been blocked from modifying %userprofile%\Videos by Controlled Folder Access.
    Detection time: 2018-07-12T07:29:46.472Z
    User: BARTMSI\Bart
    Path: %userprofile%\Videos
    Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
    Signature Version: 1.271.825.0
    Engine Version: 1.1.15000.2
    Product Version: 4.18.1806.18062

:)

2. Drone Win User

Analyzing Svchost processes in Windows

Here's how to track down detailed information about any Svchost.exe process running in Windows 7/8.

a) You can use the Tasklist command-line tool to learn which services are running in a Svchost.exe. Just run cmd (command prompt) and hit

Tasklist /svc /fo list

Scroll through the list and find what you need. It's not quite intuitive so you can use third party programs with gui. See below:

b) You can use svchost viewer. Best utility. Note: to run this under XP you need .Net framework 2.0

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process [​IMG]

c) Svchost Process Analyzer is another app for that.

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process svchost.gif

d) And another app called Svchost lookup tool

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process [​IMG]

e) And it won't hurt if you use Process Explorer and System Explorer.

It's never bad to keep your system under control, plus all these apps are portable no installation is required.

kthbai

3. Amma904 Win User
    Windows 10 Home - "Unauthorized changes blocked"

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Home on an HP laptop - Suddenly, I can no longer download photos from my SD card using the port on my laptop and my Photoshop Elements 15 - I get the following messages:

Unauthorized changes blocked

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoDownloader...from making changes to the folder %userprofil...\$test$

Or:

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoshopElement...from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents

I want to use Photoshop in order to rename each photo as I download and I'm afraid this is completely blocking my use of Photoshop at all

I'm not computer literate so any help you can give needs to be in detailed, step by step format.

Thank you for any help you can offer

<Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

4. the jimmy Win User

Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message.

I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it!

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process - Similar Threads - Unauthorized changes blocked

2. windows 10 screen changing sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 screen changing sizes: my screen keeps changing sizes on my windows 10 laptop. how do I get it to stay a normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-screen-changing-sizes/3f906b8d-e46d-4e9a-878e-721828fef467
  3. hard drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard drive change: im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard...
  4. Icons disappeared after scaling change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons disappeared after scaling change: After I changed scaling from 100% to 125%, all icons disappeared whether it be desktop, taskbar, or file explorer. This is not the first time I changed scaling to 125%. This has never happened before when I changed scaling. It seems applications downloaded from Windows Store...
  5. scanning and blocking unauthorized devices via right click on network interface device list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scanning and blocking unauthorized devices via right click on network interface device list: need to be able to block unauthorized devices via right click[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/scanning-and-blocking-unauthorized-devices-via/9c679e0d-b6c1-4451-9307-a9c06b63793f
  6. Windows 10 April 2018 Update - unneeded, unhelpful, and unauthorized changes

Windows 10 April 2018 Update - unneeded, unhelpful, and unauthorized changes: Where does Microsoft get off changing my desktop as part of an update? Windows 10 April 2018 Update removed the picture I used for my desktop, not just changed it, removed it. I had to browse and find it again to put it back. In addition, the update added shortcuts to my...
  7. Windows 10 April 2018 Update makes unneeded and unauthorized changes

Windows 10 April 2018 Update makes unneeded and unauthorized changes: Where does Microsoft get off changing my desktop as part of an update? Windows 10 April 2018 Update removed the picture I used for my desktop, not just changed it, removed it. I had to browse and find it again to put it back. In addition, the update added shortcuts to my...
  8. Unauthorized Changes Blocked

Unauthorized Changes Blocked: I opened a post a few weeks ago, and my questions were not answered, so I am opening a new post: The following message briefly pops up several times, then stops for a while, then pops up again: "Virus and threat protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder...
  9. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Just recently after my NVIDIA informed me there was an update which I installed I started getting messages "Unauthorized changes blocked" A typical message reads Controlled access folder blocked C*Tonguerogram\ nvcontainer.exe from making changes to the folder...
  10. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message. I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it! [img] 101886