Windows 10: Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process

Discus and support Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe (which runs a lot of inner processes) Is there a way to find out which svchost process it is,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bart.NET, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bart.NET Win User

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process

I have an "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe (which runs a lot of inner processes)

Is there a way to find out which svchost process it is, and especially the inner process?

In the event viewer I can only see the following:

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe has been blocked from modifying %userprofile%\Videos by Controlled Folder Access.
    Detection time: 2018-07-12T07:29:46.472Z
    User: BARTMSI\Bart
    Path: %userprofile%\Videos
    Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
    Signature Version: 1.271.825.0
    Engine Version: 1.1.15000.2
    Product Version: 4.18.1806.18062

:)

Bart.NET, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Analyzing Svchost processes in Windows

Here's how to track down detailed information about any Svchost.exe process running in Windows 7/8.

a) You can use the Tasklist command-line tool to learn which services are running in a Svchost.exe. Just run cmd (command prompt) and hit

Tasklist /svc /fo list

Scroll through the list and find what you need. It's not quite intuitive so you can use third party programs with gui. See below:

b) You can use svchost viewer. Best utility. Note: to run this under XP you need .Net framework 2.0

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process [​IMG]

c) Svchost Process Analyzer is another app for that.

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process svchost.gif

d) And another app called Svchost lookup tool

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process [​IMG]

e) And it won't hurt if you use Process Explorer and System Explorer.

It's never bad to keep your system under control, plus all these apps are portable no installation is required.

kthbai

Drone, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Amma904 Win User
    Windows 10 Home - "Unauthorized changes blocked"

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Home on an HP laptop - Suddenly, I can no longer download photos from my SD card using the port on my laptop and my Photoshop Elements 15 - I get the following messages:

Unauthorized changes blocked

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoDownloader...from making changes to the folder %userprofil...\$test$

Or:

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoshopElement...from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents

I want to use Photoshop in order to rename each photo as I download and I'm afraid this is completely blocking my use of Photoshop at all

I'm not computer literate so any help you can give needs to be in detailed, step by step format.

Thank you for any help you can offer

<Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

Amma904, Jul 12, 2018
  4. the jimmy Win User

Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process

Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message.

I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it!

the jimmy, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - "Unauthorized changes blocked" for svchost.exe and how to find inner process - Similar Threads - Unauthorized changes blocked

2. Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block: Why is it that frequently I get the following notification on my PC:Windows SecurityVirus & Threat ProtectionUnauthorized changes blockedControlled Folder access blocked C\Windows\....\svchost.exe from making changes to memory. What is the svchost.exe execution file? I have...
  3. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost blocked: Hey i am Evan I am having problem in my computer When i go to ms-store > download and updates > then when i click get updates then ms store lags and a message come from my antivirus svchost.exe blocked . And in my pc i can't update my apps like minecraft , roblox . Please...
  4. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  5. "Unauthorized changes blocked"

"Unauthorized changes blocked": I keep getting the following message from Windows Defender on a regular basis even when I'm not trying to make any changes: " Virus & threat protection.... unauthorized changes blocked" (eg: "C:\Program F...\chrome.exe"). I have checked the antivirus settings and all...
  6. Unauthorized changes blocked:

Unauthorized changes blocked:: Keep getting "unauthorized changes blocked control folder access blocked C:windows/rundll.32.exefrom making changes to user file/favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unauthorized-changes-blocked/5de506bd-7ea5-471d-a9c0-9df67a5bc0fd
  7. Unauthorized changes blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unauthorized changes blocked: I'm getting a repetitious notification stating: Controlled folder access blocked <C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe> from making changes to memory... Is this a relevant concern and how would I block this, or stop this notification from reoccurrence?...
  8. Unauthorized Changes Blocked

Unauthorized Changes Blocked: I opened a post a few weeks ago, and my questions were not answered, so I am opening a new post: The following message briefly pops up several times, then stops for a while, then pops up again: "Virus and threat protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder...
  9. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Just recently after my NVIDIA informed me there was an update which I installed I started getting messages "Unauthorized changes blocked" A typical message reads Controlled access folder blocked C*Tonguerogram\ nvcontainer.exe from making changes to the folder...
  10. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message. I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it! [img] 101886
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unauthorized changes blocked windows 10

2. nvcontainer.exe memory access blocked

3. taskhostw.exe blocked from making changes

4. protected memory access blocked svchost,
  5. should svchost be making changes,
  6. svchost.exe tried to make changed to memory,
  7. controlled folder access blocked svchost.exe,
  8. svchost.exe has been blocked,
  9. pickerhost blocked folder control,
  10. svchost.exe from making changes to memory,