Windows 10: Windows 10 unexpected reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 unexpected reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today, November 18, Windows 10 Base System was auto installed over my Windows 10 system I have been using for the past 4 months. When I booted up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jimfof1913, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Windows 10 unexpected reinstall

Today, November 18, Windows 10 Base System was auto installed over my Windows 10 system I have been using for the past 4 months. When I booted up my system this morning I got a message that a restart was required to finished update installation. I checked the Windows update listing but didn't see any updates that were installed. After the reinstallation the windows update list was cleared. All my customizations weren't affected.

:)

Jimfof1913, Nov 17, 2015
  2. PHubb1 Win User

restarting an interrupted install and computer won't fully reboot

was in the middle of resetting my PC running windows 10 and it was reinstalling windows 10 and it was at 10% when the computer had an unexpected reboot, now it won't restart the install

PHubb1, Nov 17, 2015
  3. skos---01 Win User
    Camera 701 & c7

unexpected error, please reinstall your camera or phone.

skos---01, Nov 17, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 unexpected reinstall

That sounds like the November 'upgrade' to build 10586. Presumably you saw sthg with 2 or so restarts taking a couple of hours.

This is implemented after the manner of a new Windows installation, and leaves a Windows.old on your OS drive/partition.
    Being so, previous updates are irrelevant, so not shown.

Check the version by running 'winver' from a Run box.

Check
    1. If you had changed the default browser from Edge, you're not now back to Edge.
    2. If you had enabled System Restore, that it is still enabled.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 unexpected reinstall

1. Windows 10 unexpected reinstall - Similar Threads - unexpected reinstall

2. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  3. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  4. Windows 11 reinstall failed due to unexpected restart now stuck in restart loop. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reinstall failed due to unexpected restart now stuck in restart loop. How to fix?: Trying to reinstall windows 11, for some reason my pc restarted during the process now whenever I turn on the pc I get the error message in the picture but when I click on the pc restarts and comes back to this screen. I’ve tried not clicking anything but it’ll just stay on...
  5. Windows 11 reinstall failed due to unexpected restart now stuck in restart loop. How to fix?

Windows 11 reinstall failed due to unexpected restart now stuck in restart loop. How to fix?: Trying to reinstall windows 11, for some reason my pc restarted during the process now whenever I turn on the pc I get the error message in the picture but when I click on the pc restarts and comes back to this screen. I’ve tried not clicking anything but it’ll just stay on...
  6. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 11 Just Reinstalled Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 11 Just Reinstalled Windows: I had Steam, Microsoft Edge, Razer Synapse, and Msi Afterburner running. I had just reinstalled windows 11 yesterday and everything seemed fine, I installed Nvidia and AMD drivers. I used AMD Ryzen Master to set my CPU MHz and voltage, but it wasn't an overclock. I had just...
  7. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 11 Just Reinstalled Windows

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 11 Just Reinstalled Windows: I had Steam, Microsoft Edge, Razer Synapse, and Msi Afterburner running. I had just reinstalled windows 11 yesterday and everything seemed fine, I installed Nvidia and AMD drivers. I used AMD Ryzen Master to set my CPU MHz and voltage, but it wasn't an overclock. I had just...
  8. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.: I recently bulk updated drivers on my PC (Graphics cards, my drawing tablet, my audio devices, just general maintenance) and all went well. This morning Windows showed an option to "update and restart" when I tried to put it to sleep. Thinking I missed an update (was running...
  9. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...
  10. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...