Windows 10: Windows 10 Unidentifed Network

Discus and support Windows 10 Unidentifed Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just took out Virgin Media 100mb Broadband and not able to connect with an ethernet cable, running windows 10 64 bit i plug my ethernet cable into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chris34720, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Unidentifed Network

Just took out Virgin Media 100mb Broadband and not able to connect with an ethernet cable, running windows 10 64 bit i plug my ethernet cable into my router and the other end into the PC and at the bottom of the clock it says unidentied network and i cant get any internet the router and computer is are both lit up when i plug the cable in.

Wireless works ok but only getting 20mb download and 6 upload

:)

chris34720, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Gunsh1p Win User

Latest windows update to 1607 stops Realtek NIC from working!!!

In network connections the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (build in on my motherboard) reports "Unidentifed network".

I managed to get back online inserting a wireless usb adapter, but thats not really the solution I am after.

however I have run updates again and a small patch was installed for 1607 and I have downloaded and installed 10.010 driver from realtek. Still without solving this problem!

I dont use any 3rd party Anti-Virus products, just MS defender.

Suggestions?

Gunsh1p, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Unidentifed Network

I have the opposite situation on the secondary remote pc here where 7 will connect wirelessly by way of a usb WiFi adapter but not by the Cat 6 ethernet cable while 10 lacking any adapter driver for the Cisco router's usb adapter connects instantly by hard wire! The same for the main build as well.

The first step would be cleaning up the DNS cache and dumpling all pre-existing network adapter listings in the Network&Sharing Center found in the Control Panel as well as disabling the existing WiFi network adapter in the Device Manager. When powering down not after powered up is when to have first connected the ethernet cable and you actually don't want to be seeing anything WiFi since that is preventing the hard wired connection from being detected properly and set by Windows as the default connection.

Once you have eliminated all the items in the Network adapters part of the Network&Sharing Center you will want to open up the Command prompt(admin) option and type in "ipconfig /release" to release all IP and MAC private addresses and followed the "ipconfig /flushdns" command to insure the fresh detection of the ethernet connection. Once those two are seen as successful you then type in the 3rd and last command "ipconfig /renew" to see if that will then establish the fresh connection.

Once you close the command prompt up you might have to see a few full system restarts before things will actually take. With a laptop I recently upgraded to 10 from the preinstalled 7 7 had lost the opposite being a WiFi connection at another location when bringing the laptop home to service for someone else.

The connection here was immediate naturally but left the other place hanging! Following he upgrade and clean installs of 10 to follow the first few trips saw the connect to private network realized but no go on getting on the web! Upon the last two visits suddenly all is well! 10 now properly synced itself with the private network and freely connects to the web upon those first few trips trying to debug things. Likewise once you get everything cleaned up you may find the connection was freshly detected and established for you automatically.

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Unidentifed Network

1. Windows 10 Unidentifed Network - Similar Threads - Unidentifed Network

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  6. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  7. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  8. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  9. Unidentifed MS App Popped up and wouln't go away

Unidentifed MS App Popped up and wouln't go away: I'm running Windows 1909. This morning a persistent window popped up on my laptop screen and I could find no way to move or close it. It was supposedly from Microsoft. It blocked the better part of my screen and I could not shift focus away from it. I finally resorted to...
  10. When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...: submitted by /u/cikemybike [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f47h0l/when_trying_to_connect_with_my_ethernet_cable_i/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet unidentifed network windows 10