Windows 10: Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys

Discus and support Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having an issue which is really confusing. I was playing a video game (Overwatch), it is a shooting game, so I need to use WASD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Persona113, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue which is really confusing. I was playing a video game (Overwatch), it is a shooting game, so I need to use WASD to play. As I was playing, my laptop repeatedly exit to the desktop as if I pressed the Windows Logo Key which I did not. I got really frustrated so I had to exit the game. Here is the issue:

My W key now has the same function as the Windows Logo Key (it opens the Start Menu everytime I press W), and my S key is now functioning as right-click (exactly like the SHIFT + F10 shortcut). I restarted the laptop, and nothing was fixed.

I have no idea how it happened, and as you may have guessed it is quite a challenge to even type this question for you guys because a lot of S and W are used. I googled this issue but it seems like a rare problem and I haven't found the solution yet. Please help me out.

Edit: I just found out that the Capslock key is now also the play and pause for music players.

:)

Persona113, Aug 18, 2018
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Aug 18, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys

1. Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys - Similar Threads - Unwanted Shortcut Keys

2. How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?: Using WIndows 11 Home version 22H2, most every time I press the Fn key an unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide appears. How do I get rid of that annoying guide? I simply want to use the function key without the distracting guide popping up ever....
  3. How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?: Using WIndows 11 Home version 22H2, most every time I press the Fn key an unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide appears. How do I get rid of that annoying guide? I simply want to use the function key without the distracting guide popping up ever....
  4. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  5. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  6. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows keys and shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keys and shortcuts: I got a problem and it's that when I do a Windows + something command the windows shortcut key gets stuck and every key I press launches the Win + that key shortcut and the windows keys is functional, if I reset the PC it works normally again. The advanced startup functions...
  8. Windows Key Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key Shortcuts: Using my desktop for games. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the windows key shortcuts suddenly does not require the Windows Key to actually be pressed down to register so, "Win + P" would only require "P". It essentially feels like the entire keyboard is rebinded and I'm not sure...
  9. Windows 10 (corporate environment) - desktop shortcut keys (properties, shortcut key) for...

Windows 10 (corporate environment) - desktop shortcut keys (properties, shortcut key) for...: My custom shortcut keys / hotkeys for desktop shortcuts (for example, to say that keystroke combination control-shift-alt-N opens Notepad) work fine until I logoff. Next time, they don't work (even though the shortcut properties display that the keys are still active.)...
  10. enable shortcut keys on windows 10

enable shortcut keys on windows 10: how do I get my F11 and F12 keys to function for the volumn? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-shortcut-keys-on-windows-10/40abc385-539b-45c4-894a-c7f312f7a539