Windows 10: Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the biggest feature requests for Windows has been the ability to get tabs within apps like File Explorer. For years, Microsoft didn’t allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps

Read more: Windows 10s Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2017

2. uwp apps are future

I know some Devs leaving windows platform for android and ios and windows users are worried about it according to me uwp apps have a bright future for multiple reasons one the most important reason uwp apps runs on multiple devices from HoloLens,Xbox one,
    SurfaceBook,iot to potential upcoming Surface Phone it will bring all new and existing developer who now don't interested in uwp. Surface Phone and HoloLens will game be game changer for Microsoft and for uwp future. If any developer will see my post than
    plz hopeful for uwp and bring your apps to msft store. And about me i am waiting for Surface Phone and Andromeda OS i will be most happy when i hands on Surface Phone and i am currently having Lumia 950 using as my daily driver.

Syed Ali Zamin Shah, Nov 21, 2017
  3. UWP app live tiles not working

I had this same issue where the tiles of UWP programs installed on the SD card were blank (title with no icon). The UWP apps still worked. Uninstalling and re-installing from the store didn't help.

The workaround I found was to go into the settings>system>apps & features and temporarily move the UWP app from the SD card (in my case DWindows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps :) back to C:. Once I did that, the tiles on the start menu returned back to normal.

I was then able to go back into the settings>system>apps & features and move the UWP app back to the SD card. After moving it back to the SD card, the tiles remained fixed.

I think Microsoft has a bug that causes this to happen when a UWP app is installed directly to the SD card vs installing to C: and then moving it to the SD card. I have since changed my default installation
    location for UWP apps to be on C: and I will just manually move them to the SD card once they are installed.

I am not sure if the tile will go blank again if a future update for the UWP app is installed by the windows store.

Hopefully, this issue is addressed in a future windows 10 update.

The Great Zorg, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Stardock's version called 'Groupy'
    Pretty darn handy, actually!

Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps - Similar Threads - Upcoming Sets Feature

2. Apps and Features tab in settings is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps and Features tab in settings is missing: Hi Can you please tell me how can i add Apps and Features tab back on ? Without reinstalling the entire windows if possible :#Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-features-tab-in-settings-is-missing/c7e713ad-9db1-454f-ac3c-62a34abab4f2
  3. Windows 10 leak reveals upcoming and cancelled features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak reveals upcoming and cancelled features: With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has instituted a modern Settings interface to help users customize and change the default configuration. In general, the Settings app interface is adequate for most user’s needs and Microsoft is now planning to make the Control Panel...
  4. Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings: Ever since Windows 8, Microsoft has included two methods of changing system settings – Control Panel and modern Settings. Over the past few years, Settings app has slowly become more functional and it’s also getting more of Control Panel’s capabilities, including the Windows...
  5. Microsoft brings Android apps to Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings Android apps to Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft understands that are a lot of valid reasons why someone would want to run Android apps on their Windows 10 computers. Later this year, Microsoft says it will allow Android users to stream their Android apps directly to a PC and you’ll be able to do it using the Your...
  6. Microsoft could be bringing back Windows 10 Sets’ key feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could be bringing back Windows 10 Sets’ key feature: The preview builds of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update included ‘Sets’ feature that allowed users to add tabs to almost every window. Sets feature adds tabs to almost every app’s window and it supported traditional desktop apps too, which means Sets would add tabs to File...
  7. Apps & features Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & features Settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Apps & features Settings in Windows 10 comprise of settings that let you work around apps such as uninstalling or moving an app. You can […] This article Apps & features Settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  9. The 'Uninstall' Tab is disabled in Start>Settings>Apps & Features>Listed Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The 'Uninstall' Tab is disabled in Start>Settings>Apps & Features>Listed Apps in Windows 10: Hi, I want to Uninstall an App from Windows 10, but when I go to Start> Settings> App & Features, the 'Uninstall' tab is disabled. How to enable that? I tried to Restart the PC twice. Please help. Thankyou....
  10. Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP: At Build 2016, we showed you how to use the Desktop App Converter to bring your existing desktop applications to the universal .appx packaging format as a first step to bringing your application to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). Once on UWP, your apps are easier for...