Windows 10: Windows 10 update 64% restart loop

Discus and support Windows 10 update 64% restart loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So I have searched a couple of topics about this but no definite fix has been found so I was hoping now there maybe a fix. Anyway some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hbaxter1, Dec 30, 2015.

1. hbaxter1 Win User

Windows 10 update 64% restart loop

Hi,
    So I have searched a couple of topics about this but no definite fix has been found so I was hoping now there maybe a fix.

Anyway some history, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and it was working okay until I changed the 'theme colour' of the desktop then the screen went black and stayed black. So I tried booting from safe mode to disable my video drivers but when Windows loaded the screen would just keep flickering the colour I changed the desktop to and nothing would load.
    My next attempt to solve this was to try repairing the startup but no errors were found, so I tried the reset option but towards the end it would say Windows was unable to reset.

Finally I tried to use a boot usb to reinstall Windows 10 64bit Pro that way, and it would begin the install then restart and load the installation screen but come up with an error message saying 'Windows encountered and unexpected error press ok to restart' and this would continue to happen so I did some research and found this: http://heresjaken.com/the-computer-r...on-of-windows/
    And followed the steps which told me to change a hkey value in the setup file from 1 to 3. This got rid of the error message but now my computer boots normally then the installation screen comes up but is stuck at the 64% installation mark then the computer restarts, which continues to happen with no change.

I have also tried plugging my laptop into the router via Ethernet but it doesn't help.

I would really love to avoid doing a clean install and losing all my files since my backup hdd has also crashed so I have nothing.

Anyone know of any fixes

Ps. I read a potential fix from this topic: www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/19248-stuck-loop-during-windows-10-reset.html
    For someone experiencing the same problem but I am unsure if it would work (last comment).

Thank you for your time!

:)

hbaxter1, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Atrophis Win User

Windows 10 recovery error

Okay i did the steps you linked me to. Now it theres a windows 10 restart loop where it shows the 64% and then it restarts the loop all over again

Atrophis, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Help! Windows 10 stuck at 64% on restart loop

Thanks so much for finding that. Unfortunately, I've tried every single key and no luck. I just bought a new hard drive and put it in today and still can't access the bios. I'm thinking something maybe came loose or maybe it's the motherboard?? I don't
    know. I'm out of options haha. Thanks again for your replies!

ScottDunning, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 update 64% restart loop

1. Windows 10 update 64% restart loop - Similar Threads - update 64% restart

2. windows update restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update restart loop: Hello.upon attempting to download the latest windows update once i'm prompted to restart for the update to get installed,the pc starts looping between the lenovo bootscreen and a "getting windows ready,please do not turn off" messsage before the sign in screen,it's the first...
  3. windows update restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update restart loop: Hello.upon attempting to download the latest windows update once i'm prompted to restart for the update to get installed,the pc starts looping between the lenovo bootscreen and a "getting windows ready,please do not turn off" messsage before the sign in screen,it's the first...
  4. windows update restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%

Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%: Recently, I have been getting random bluescreens throughout the day on my HP x360 laptop. In an attempt to fix it, I decided to Reset my device. However, at 64%, it restarted in the middle of it. After restarting, it went to the Reset screen, which was stuck at 64%, for a...
  6. 64% restart loop

64% restart loop: I reset my pc and when installing windows now it comes up with a blue screen with 64% and at the bottom it says your pc will restart several times. it keeps restarting but never works i already did the regedit thing from 1 to 3 please someone tell me what to do...
  7. Windows restart loop on 64% win10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restart loop on 64% win10 installation: Good morning, after reinstalling Windows 10 on my Acer Laptop I'm getting a restart loop on 64% installation. I only have a fraction of second to see the percentage of installation of windows and then it restarts. I tried to open the boot menu, but it doesn't work either...
  8. Windows 10 64% loop

Windows 10 64% loop: After cleaning my files/harddrive, I turned off my computer because the screen went blank so I turned it back on and it took me to a screen saying "windows 10 installation error" after that I fixed the error. Screen went blank, computer still running and went to a screen...
  9. Windows 64% loop

Windows 64% loop: For over a month now ive had to try and fix the 64% glitch. Ive tried everything. Even using a usb, in bios is doesn't do muchwhen I put it forst or anything it mostly just goes back to bios, it worked and got me to a screen with recovery and for some reason windows 10 twice...
  10. windows 10 64% loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 64% loop: i have a laptop which i recently wiped out to clean it out and start fresh now with it tying to reinstall it shows 64% over and over and wont stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-64-loop/c3b68fe9-c043-442d-8dd4-5e06bacbe8c2