Windows 10: Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me....all of the windows updates give me missing .dll file messages and state that I have to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenMartin1, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall

Hi everyone,

hopefully someone can help me....all of the windows updates give me missing .dll file messages and state that I have to reinstall the programs. I have had this happen every windows 10 update and have had to go back to the earlier build every time. I have so many programs I would have to redownload and re-register that the process seems daunting. It could take me possibly up to two days of work to get everything running etc if I had to do this.

My computer builder told me to wipe the disc clean and then reinstall windows 7 and go from there, but I've seen on another posting that someone did something similar and they ended up taking it back to the builder for a re-set.

My rebuilder is over 1000 kil. away-Brisbane to Sydney is a big distance, and the money would be a very big price I am sure.

Has anyone got any possible solutions?

My computer builder told me I could have a Trojan somewhere causing this when I update, but I've scanned using Windows Defender and SpyHunter, and my free AVG anti virus gave me a clean bill of health.

thanks if anyone has some help they could offer.

best,

Steve Martin - Queensland, Australia

:)

StephenMartin1, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows updates won't install!

Thank you very much! This did the trick:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    b. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    net stop wuauserv

2. Register the Wups2.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll
    b. Click OK on each verification message that you receive.

3. Type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    net start wuauserv
    4. Exit the command prompt. To do this type exit, and then press ENTER.

If possible I'd give you many more thanks not just one! I love you! *Big Grin Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall :D

Black Panther, Jul 30, 2018
  3. missing mfc110.dll file, can not run program

Hi,

hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question.

I'm trying to run a program created by boise cascade called bc calc and it keeps telling me that i'm missing

a file called mfc110.dll

the program ran just fine before an automatic update and I can't seem to go to a previous version. also, I can't seem to find where I can find a link to download this missing piece of the program. I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling
    it with no success. tried updating windows 10 and rechecking for updates with the same result.

thank you for your help.

Roaming Carpenter, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall

Missing MSVCP100.dll files

Since Windows 8 update to Windows 10, AVG Antivirus/Internet Security 2013 misses some DLL to start :

• MSVCR100.dll
    • MSVCP100.dll
    I managed to solve this problem by clicking right on AVG icon, selecting "Open file location" (it opens a window with all AVG files), double clicking on "upgrade.exe" (with AVG logo). A message shows that AVG protection was disabled by Windows 10. Click on
    start an update to get AVG 2015. That's all!

Antoine Gégé, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall

1. Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall - Similar Threads - update main programs

2. missing .DLL files for Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing .DLL files for Windows 10 Update: I'm missing 3 .dll files for Windows Update wuwebv.dll, wuaueng.dll, wucltux.dll I have ran sfc /scannow and the DISM image check and repair and they do not help. i am unable to update windows 10. i feel like if i could put those 3 .dll files in the system32 folder i might be...
  3. missing .DLL files for Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing .DLL files for Windows 10 Update: I'm missing 3 .dll files for Windows Update wuwebv.dll, wuaueng.dll, wucltux.dll I have ran sfc /scannow and the DISM image check and repair and they do not help. i am unable to update windows 10. i feel like if i could put those 3 .dll files in the system32 folder i might be...
  4. missing .DLL files for Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Missing file mfc100.dll, running windows 11

Missing file mfc100.dll, running windows 11: I am trying to install a STI software package, but get an error popup indicating I am missing this file, mfc100.dllHow do I get the right version of this file ?...
  6. dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10: why are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ? <non-relevant content removed> my tony halk hd game used to work now it tells me program wont start cause dxd3compiler missing...
  7. why are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!!!!!!!!: why are dll files missing wwhy are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!!!!!!!!hy are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!!!!!!!!after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!why are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ?!!!!!!!!!!!why are dll files...
  8. Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file: So, some time ago i got malware on my computer, got it repaired and all that, the thing is that i some days ago i got a message of RunDLL saying that a specific module was missing in a TaskPlayer file, i didn´t gave it attention, got the last W10 update and thought that it...
  9. Missing dll file when installing program

Missing dll file when installing program: I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ? Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As...
  10. Missing dll file when installing program

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing dll file when installing program: I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ? Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As...