Windows 10: windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91

Discus and support windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; updating windows 10. please wait. percent complete 91%. so i use windows 10 update assisstant but it stuck at 91%. what must i do next ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jediionat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Jediionat Win User

windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91

updating windows 10. please wait.

percent complete 91%.

so i use windows 10 update assisstant but it stuck at 91%. what must i do next ?

:)

Jediionat, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Okiejim Win User

Windows 10 updates stuck at 91% for 7 hours

I agree with surelip. The suggested fix is not helpful if update is stuck at 91%. I can not run the suggested fix if computer has never finished update to boot up.

Okiejim, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 updates stuck at 91% for 7 hours

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in installing Windows Updates on your device as it is stuck at 91%. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2018
  4. windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91

Windows 10 updates stuck at 91% for 7 hours

Microsoft was of no help to me at all (yet again). Pointing at others, in this case 3rd party antivirus software is a typical attempt to hide their own incompetence.

Another few hours of productivity lost thanks to Microsoft!

Here's what worked for me: Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

BoerenKnuppel, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91

1. windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91 - Similar Threads - update assisstant stuck

2. windows 11 update installing stuck at 91%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update installing stuck at 91%: help me .....i tried to update my windows 10 to 11 after downloading it took 7 to 8 hours to install and it stuck on 91% installing i waited for 3 hours but it did not move a bit then i pause windows update and then resume again .windows 11 starts downloading again.i don't...
  3. windows 11 update installing stuck at 91%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 update installing stuck at 91%: help me .....i tried to update my windows 10 to 11 after downloading it took 7 to 8 hours to install and it stuck on 91% installing i waited for 3 hours but it did not move a bit then i pause windows update and then resume again .windows 11 starts downloading again.i don't...
  4. windows 11 update installing stuck at 91%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 20H2 update installation stuck at 91%

20H2 update installation stuck at 91%: Hello, I was updating windows on my laptop, the Download is completed for 20H2 update but installation process stucked at 91%. O watching it from last few days . Whenever I on my laptop I just wait to complete the installation process. Please any...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 Update stuck at 91% on install

Windows 10 20H2 Update stuck at 91% on install: I went to download the 20H2 Windows 10 update and it got stuck at the "Working on Updates Don't Turn off your Computer" screen for roughly 2 hours at 92%. I had to restart my computer and try again. I went into settings and checked for available updates after that and have...
  7. stuck at 91% on windows update???

stuck at 91% on windows update???: Stuck at 91% on windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-91-on-windows-update/1e050215-71b6-454a-991f-a54a40c5ab93
  8. Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%

Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%: Hi, I am trying to update my Windows 10 Version 1809 to 1909, but it keeps getting stuck at 91%. I even left it running overnight in case it was a really large update, but it was still 91% in the morning. Please help! Thank you in advance :...
  9. Windows 10, version 1909 update stuck at 91%

Windows 10, version 1909 update stuck at 91%: Windows 10, version 1909 update stuck at 91%. Tried several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1909-update-stuck-at-91/d86699d3-4f7c-448f-a3df-20d7ecf6c6e0
  10. Upgrade stuck at 91%?

Upgrade stuck at 91%?: Hi all - updating somebody's desktop from Win10 1803 to 1903 via Windows Update. It's currently stuck at 91% and has been there for like...3 hours now. Do I just keep waiting? They work from home and this is their 'work PC' so they are losing business by not having it, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update to 1903 freezes at 91

2. windows 1903 upgade stuck at 91%

3. what to do when MS windows update stuck at 91%

4. windows 10 1903 stuck at 91%,
  5. windows 10 update assistant 91%,
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 stuck at 91%,
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 stalled at 91%,
  8. windows updae asistent stuck 91,
  9. windows 10 upgrade assisstant stuck,
  10. update stuck and 91,
  11. windows update 91%,