Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please be of assistance I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OttoScholtz, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware

Please be of assistance

I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and even when uninstalling this it just simply reappear every time over and over again and this is not a Microsoft linked product. See attached screen prints. Please help?

Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware ae06f43b-00dc-4ab2-8321-ece82de7a1e9?upload=true.png Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware acfd01ff-b7ee-4c9f-af0a-a1a2643156d7?upload=true.png Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware 02567a70-f19d-4cc9-8e55-9260e5a14a57?upload=true.png

:)

OttoScholtz, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 malware

This morning, came to my PC, to see that (sneakily in last Win 8.1 updates) there was some "Get Windows 10" malware app, updating and rebooting and reconfiguring my PC through multiple reboots. It was at a critical time of my working morning and I couldnt get to my PC.

HATE @ MS backdoors

lemonadesoda, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware

Windows 10 malware

Uh, a few days ago (7/15), a lot of "important security updates" were put out on Windows Vista-8.1 that required multiple restarts to fully install. It surprised me too because updates usually don't require more than one restart. Anyway, GWX was one of the updates your computer grabbed but it was NOT the update requiring restarts. GWX never requires a restart.

Windows 7 list:
    KB3045305
    KB3067903
    KB3069762
    KB3070102
    KB2069392
    KB3065822
    KB3070738
    KB3072633
    KB3057154
    KB3072630
    KB3077657
    KB3067505

FordGT90Concept, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware - Similar Threads - Update Assistant possible

2. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: Recently a computer vendor installed a MS WINDOWS 11 and since then, my PC isn't under my control. It feels like someone else is also using it. After it was installed Microsoft Defender is not accessible/ not available. And there's a strange folder in one of my local disks....
  3. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  4. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  5. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  6. Possible malware?

Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  7. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Possible Malware

Possible Malware: So recently I was downloading some files and now there’s a shortcut that brings me to the msn site heart with pulse in the hidden icons section. Anyone know what this is? Should I be worried and how do I remove it? i cannot right click the icon and no name pops up when i...
  9. Possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible malware: Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but without realising it I was redirected to another site which made me download an exe file not my best day. As I proceed and thought...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware: Please be of assistance I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and even when uninstalling this it just simply reappear every time over and over again and this is not a Microsoft linked product....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UpdateAssistant is malware