Windows 10: windows 10 update assistant

Discus and support windows 10 update assistant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings does win10 update assistant shortcut has to be on desktop? can the folder be deleted from C? will I get later updates if I delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017.

1. zivshosh Win User

windows 10 update assistant

Greetings
    does win10 update assistant shortcut has to be on desktop?
    can the folder be deleted from C?
    will I get later updates if I delete the folder?
    this is the first time the assistant appeared.
    I got many updates for win10 pro upon shutting down and/or starting up
    thanks

:)

zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Sep 28, 2017
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit Cwindows 10 update assistant :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit Cwindows 10 update assistant :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Sep 28, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

The Windows 10 Update assistant normally shows up only on older Windows 10 versions in need of an upgrade. What version of Windows are you running, anyway? Here are answers to your various questions, reworded slightly for grammar and capitalization:

Does the win10 update assistant shortcut have to be on the desktop? No it doesn't.
    Can the folder be deleted from C? Yes it can be deleted if you don't want to use it.
    Will I get later updates if I delete the folder? Yes you will (it only handles major version upgrades in particular, not updates in general)

HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: This forum is for posting news, not for asking general questions. Don't be surprised when one of the moderators moves it to a different forum, probably the one for installation and upgrade. @Brink

EdTittel, Sep 28, 2017
  5. zivshosh Win User
    many thanks for your quick answer
    I have win10 pro 64bit (activated of course)
    don't know which build. it doesn't show in control panel --> system
    where do I find more details on my version?
    win10 assistant is very slow and now it is on its second round of updates. is it normal?
    thanks again

zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. zivshosh Win User
    found it! in settings -->system --> about
    I'm in build 10586.1106
    my windows 10 was upgraded from win7 ultimate 2 days before it was too late on July 27 2016
    will this update cost me anything?
    thanks again

zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 28, 2017
  9. zivshosh Win User
    many many thanks!
    you really helped me
    I'm still nervous with this slow second round but I guess there's nothing I can do about it

zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Yeah, it can sometimes take a while. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Sep 28, 2017
  11. zivshosh Win User
    finished upgrading after few hours I'm now in version 1703 build 15063.632
    took few hours, added 2GB to drive C, ruined my desktop, but I'm alive!
    thank you all

zivshosh, Sep 28, 2017
  12. zivshosh Win User
    Noticed this thread is already marked as solved.
    For the future how do I mark it as solved?
    tried context menu and didn't find anything
    is it at the end of the thread where "mark unsolved" is found?
    thanks

zivshosh, Sep 29, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Correct. The button will say "Mark as solved" instead of "Mark Unsolved".

Brink, Sep 29, 2017
  14. zivshosh Win User
    at last!
    I even got updates
    again in D:\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization\... got filled up
    so I will delete only the inner files

zivshosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 update assistant - Similar Threads - update assistant

2. cant update system drivers through DELL support assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant update system drivers through DELL support assist: every time i try to update my drivers especially important one's from anywhere it just doesn't work out for me and when i discovered DELL support assist could possibly fix this it doesn't and give me Unable to connect to the internet. Check your connection and try again error...
  3. cant update system drivers through DELL support assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant update system drivers through DELL support assist: every time i try to update my drivers especially important one's from anywhere it just doesn't work out for me and when i discovered DELL support assist could possibly fix this it doesn't and give me Unable to connect to the internet. Check your connection and try again error...
  4. cant update system drivers through DELL support assist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  6. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  7. Subject: Urgent Windows Update Issue: Seeking Community Assistance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Subject: Urgent Windows Update Issue: Seeking Community Assistance: Dear Tech Community,I'm reaching out to seek urgent assistance with a persistent issue I'm encountering on my Windows system. Despite multiple attempts, I'm unable to resolve an error preventing successful Windows updates. I'm hopeful that someone in this community may offer...
  8. Subject: Urgent Windows Update Issue: Seeking Community Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent Windows Update Issue: Seeking Community Assistance: Dear Tech Community,I'm reaching out to seek urgent assistance with a persistent issue I'm encountering on my Windows system. Despite multiple attempts, I'm unable to resolve an error preventing successful Windows updates. I'm hopeful that someone in this community may offer...
  9. Subject: Urgent Windows Update Issue: Seeking Community Assistance

10. Windows Update Error 0x80070002: Need Assistance Resolving this Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error 0x80070002: Need Assistance Resolving this Issue: I recently encountered an error, 0x80070002, while attempting to install Windows updates on my system. Despite multiple attempts, the update process fails, and I'm unable to pinpoint the exact cause. I've already tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter and clearing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone update assistant

2. updated from 1803 to1903 via update assistant all went well do i leave update assistant on computer or delete it.?