Windows 10: Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Discus and support Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vladislav Iliev, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks *Smile

:)

Vladislav Iliev, Sep 9, 2016

2. Video Audio "clicking" Lumia 1020

I am having the same problem. When I record a video with the 1020 I get audio crackling no matter what I set the bass filter to. I also tried re-installing the app and it didn't help. Also, when recording video with the regular Windows Phone camera app
    there is no audio crackling. This only happens with the Nokia Camera app. Nokia, please fix ASAP!!!!!!

migz7---01, Sep 9, 2016
  3. KewlDoug Win User
    Speakers Crackling since Windows 10 update

I have a Dell XPS 15 l501x, and I experience speaker crackling when there is a lot of bass while watching videos or listening to music. Drivers up to date. Tried setting the Dell Audio to default. No joy.

The speakers worked fine with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. The issue began immediately after the upgrade to Windows 10.

Changing to Window's generic High Definition Audio Driver instead of Realtek's reduced the crackling substantially, but not entirely.

[EDIT]: After further use, the crackling seems as bad as it did before.

[EDIT]: I downloaded and installed the old Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version 6.0.1.6312 [2/18/2011]) and installed that instead of the latest version (Version 6.0.1.7535 [6/16/2015]) or Windows 10's generic High Definition Audio Driver. THAT
    FIXED THE PROBLEM!!! Joy!

KewlDoug, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

1. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost - Similar Threads - Update audio crackle

2. System sounds bass boosted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds bass boosted: Hello, so recently just today my system sounds were bass boosted. It wasn't like this before, it just became bass boosted now. I would want to know how to fix this.Thanks....
  3. System sounds bass boosted

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds bass boosted: Hello, so recently just today my system sounds were bass boosted. It wasn't like this before, it just became bass boosted now. I would want to know how to fix this.Thanks....
  4. Headphones with bass boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones with bass boost: A while ago I got wireless headphones and now im putting them to use, i synced them with my pc but it has some type of bass boost effect, im not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-with-bass-boost/36b90fa2-6dff-4a15-b7bf-8d72c0b7a10c
  5. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,: Well. This is just great. After the 20H2 update, even with bass off, my computer seems bass boosted. The audio is distorted, muffled, and seems boosted. I got my headphone stuck in the socket, and used a thumbtack to get it out. It damaged the socket, so headphones are a...
  6. no bass boost on audio mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no bass boost on audio mixer: i have an alienware aurora r8 and whenever i want to boost the bass i cant cus i dont have an enhancements tab with my speakers when i go to sound does anyone know a solution or is this permanent ive tried resetting my drivers and even un and reinstalling realtek nothing...
  7. Sound Bass Boost

Sound Bass Boost: When i look for my bass Boost on my Hyper X Cloud 2 in Sound control panel, bass boost is not an option. Ive updated drivers and still no change, ive also tried a 3rd party equalizer ( Equalizer APO ) and the sound doesnt change when applied submitted by /u/Lil-Grey-Pump...
  8. After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted

After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted: So I updated and restarted my Dell Laptop, running Windows 10, and once the restart finished all my audio sounds bass boosted. Using the audio controls I wasn't able to find any setting which would change this. I used this website,...
  9. Bass Boost not available on HDMI

Bass Boost not available on HDMI: I want to boost the bass on hdmi output of my laptop but it has low frequency protection instead of bass boost on enhancement tab. I also tried updating my HDMI sound driver but nothing happened. Is there any way i can boost the bass of my home threater....
  10. bass boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    bass boost: Hello, Please can you explain me, why you remove Bass Boost from sound/enhancement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bass-boost/0007a7c9-a90f-4ff8-91ff-1d0bbfbbfcfa