Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; The last update ruined my dual monitor set up. As soon as the update had finished my second monitor stopped working completely. Restarting the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by toogood, Aug 28, 2015.

1. toogood Win User

Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up

The last update ruined my dual monitor set up. As soon as the update had finished my second monitor stopped working completely. Restarting the computer will sometimes allow it to work for a few minutes, but the resolution is stuck between 800x600 and 1024x768. I've tried restarting, updating all drivers, deleting and reinstalling drivers and so on.

I use windows 10 x64
    geforce 960x
    intel dz77ga-70k motherboard
    intel(r) core(tm) i5-3570k cpu @ 3.40ghz

:)

toogood, Aug 28, 2015

2. Black screen after KB4038788

Uninstall of KB4038788 fixes a blank monitor issue for me.

KB4038788 did not fix my issues.

Windows 10 was working fine until Microsoft broke Windows 10 dual monitor

support on my Dell Inspiron 530 computer (OS was upgraded from WinVista,

to Win7, subsequently upgraded to Win10). The problem with KB4038788 seems to be a backward compatibility problem with older OEM video drivers.

In summary (proposed solution):

1. Microsoft broke my Dell OEM video driver support for dual monitors

in KB4038788. A subsequent update in KB4040724 does not resolve this

issue.

2. Symptom: After a Sleep or Shutdown dual monitors do not work. Only the primary monitor has a display.

3. A complete Windows Restart restores dual monitor functionality.

4. Alternatively, (after Sleep or Shutdown resume) pressing

Ctrl+Shift+Win+B to reload the video driver will restore the second

monitor.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix their video driver in an up-coming

update. Otherwise I have committed "Ctrl+Shift+Win+B" to memory!! Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up :(

See also:

http://en.community.dell.co...

https://answers.microsoft.c...

geogherkins, Aug 28, 2015
  3. JoeRenner Win User
    Dual monitor not working in Windows 10

Original Title: dual monitor

with the upgrade to windows 10 my dual monitor set-up will not work---with win 8.1 all you did was click an hold on new subject an slide to screen---not a Computer wiz but would like to know solution---dual monitors was something I enjoyed for both work
    an recreation

JoeRenner, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up

1. Windows 10 update broke my dual monitor set up - Similar Threads - update broke dual

2. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  3. dual monitor set up troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up troubles: im setting up a dual monitor that connects to my gaming laptop which only has 1 HDMI port. i bought an adaptor for the second HDMI port, and when i connect either display separately they work properly. however when i plug both of them in at the same time itll work for just a...
  4. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  5. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  6. Unable to watch Netflix on my dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to watch Netflix on my dual monitor set up: For some annoyong reason whenever i try and load up netflix or amazon prime on my PC, my second monitor just completely shuts off. Ive tried using the web version of netflix and the windows application and im still getting the same issue. But for some weird reason im still...
  7. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  8. dual monitor settings

dual monitor settings: ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without changing that...is it possible to set things up to play my games on the 2nd smaller monitor..I prefer my mouse changing...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...