Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke my OS

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke my OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blue4029, May 22, 2018.

1. Blue4029 Win User

Windows 10 update broke my OS

So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the update using the BIOS settings but I just keep getting error messages, when I set it to "windows rollback" it just boots back into BIOS. I try to set it to a previous version but the version I get is very old and broken, and when I try to access the start menu from this version, it doesn't work. Luckily, I can still access task manager but i can't even access the start menu from THERE. Not to mention how I can't even use a RESTORE POINT because for some reason, it doesn't MAKE restore points. I would just like to go back to using windows before the update. I have no idea which version it is exactly though.

:)

Blue4029, May 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 22, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 latest update broke my touchscreen.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Please run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Step 1: Install all the patches and available updates from Windows updates.

Try the followings steps:

Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

Under Updates click on check for updates

Step 2: Install any touch screen drivers from the manufacturer's website:

Refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Arul_D, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke my OS

1. Windows 10 update broke my OS - Similar Threads - update broke

2. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  3. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  4. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  6. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  7. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

8. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  9. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  10. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 starting problem 1803 hard disk