Windows 10: Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login

Discus and support Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro Sp1. Update went through fine but as soon as I get to the login screen and hit enter I get a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by megajeff11, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login

I tried updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro Sp1.

Update went through fine but as soon as I get to the login screen and hit enter I get a BSOD with Bad Pool Header.
    I couldn't boot into safe mode, do the "reset my PC" option or system restore. The system restore says image corrupt.

Only thing I could do is go back to previous build, which worked.

So now I was going to try to manually install, but getting the Windows 10 iso through the media creation tool. I load it up and it just loads and says "something Happened" 0x8007002- 0x20016. I also wanted to get my product key to have on hand for when I do get it to work. So I load up Produkey, and it says my Product Key not found.

There is a script that is on the MS scripting site that will query and convert the key from hex to decimal. I run that and it reports back just "B". All B's.

So im assuming my key got screwed up during the install. Not sure what else i can do if I don't have a key to install Windows 10 when I get an ISO from another computer.

:)

megajeff11, Aug 16, 2015

2. bad pool header in macbook pro

Original title: bad pool header

recently upgraded to windows 10 and i've been getting a bad pool header -

Link not found

I have a Macbook pro running bootcamp.

Iamscottd2333, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Bad Pool Header

Hi,

Thank you for being part of windows 10 family.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to refer to the below link provided by the
    Rohit chettri.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-header/1202e373-1df5-49cd-a8f9-646e324cb7e63

Also refer to the below link.

Bad pool Header

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2015
  5. I work in the IT field so it's a custom build and I bought my copy of Windows a few years ago through college, it has 10 activation's and I don't think Im close to the max yet.

Ill try again and disable the MSconfig stuff, but it sucks I can't create restore points or backup images with the Windows backup and restore feature.

If I do a clean install of Windows 10 from the ISO, my current Windows 7 key will be wiped from the registry, so I don't know how to activate Windows 10 and I don't want to buy it.

megajeff11, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login

1. Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login - Similar Threads - update cause Bad

2. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad pool header: I have purchased new ram of 8gb, when I put into my laptop and press start button I show this error Bad pool header . Already installed Ram is 2Gb in my laptopBut when we restart my laptop show this error and restart again and again...Any Solution in windows 10....
  3. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad pool header: I have purchased new ram of 8gb, when I put into my laptop and press start button I show this error Bad pool header . Already installed Ram is 2Gb in my laptopBut when we restart my laptop show this error and restart again and again...Any Solution in windows 10....
  4. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad pool header: Возникла проблема bad pool header на windows 10. Синий экран появляется при подключении к интернету через 3-4 мин. Так же перестал работать драйвер беспроводного подключения. Все проверки жесткого диска и оперативной памяти сделал. Не помогает даже обновление драйверов....
  6. Bad Pool Header

Bad Pool Header: Just wondering if there is a fix when receiving this error message 26701
  7. Bad pool header?

Bad pool header?: Got an BSOD i haven't gotten before earlier this day. It occured around the time i connected and disconnected a my Camera via USB i think. I think it was disconnected, and then randomly as i was looking away, then back it was in BSOD, if my memory serves right. Though...
  8. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: When is Microsoft going to address and fix the annoying "Bad Pool Header" error code? Apparently it was not fixed with the recent upgrade. 30042
  9. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: Need to know why this error code appears and then how to fix 28108
  10. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: What is a "bad pool header". When it comes up it demands to reboot. Things will be just fine and then occasionally it will come up again and demands a reboot. Is there any "fix". What is going on, any way to fix it, to stop the process. What and why is it occurring? 21313