Windows 10: windows 10 update changed my logon password

Discus and support windows 10 update changed my logon password in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; windows 10 did an automatic update last night. When I booted up this morning, my pc would not recognize my password. tried login.live.com. to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tcjames, Sep 21, 2016.

1. tcjames Win User

windows 10 update changed my logon password

windows 10 did an automatic update last night. When I booted up this morning, my pc would not recognize my password. tried login.live.com. to no avail. What is going on?

:)

tcjames, Sep 21, 2016

2. window 10 logon

My problem is when ever I start windows 10 it takes me to the logon screen my name and Hotmail email address. Why do I have to have a email address to logon to windows 10. Before I upgraded to windows 10 I had a phrase for my password in window 7, without
    any email attached. Why can I just use a phrase for my password? Instead of connecting it to a email account. That way whenever, I want to change my email account password I have to also change the logon screen password also Why? How can I get around the
    situation ??

BeufordKidd, Sep 21, 2016
  3. VectorDr Win User
    windows 10 login passwords

I don't understand your reply to "Change Windows 10 logon password". Not the password for Microsoft Account but the first screen to logon to Windows10.

VectorDr, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 update changed my logon password

1. windows 10 update changed my logon password - Similar Threads - update changed logon

2. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  3. Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it: Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID, that is not a problem). It has been a while and I couldn't remember the password so I reset it at Microsoft online, no...
  4. Windows 10 logon password

Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"
  5. Logon password issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  6. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  7. Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon: I am trying to change my logon password, but windows 10 just accepting my old password at logon. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-still-accepting-my-old-password-at/bf6841c4-a1af-4ca8-8f0a-0d13cb80ae2c"
  8. unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password: unable to remove windows logon password went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7 i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all it now boots saying password...
  9. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password

This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password: This is my personal one-user PC. Upon booting, I usually enter a 4 digit PIN. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password, the same one I use for live.com. I want to change it back, but am wary, as I've been confused with Windows passwords before. I just want...
  10. Cant change windows Logon password

Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update changed my login